It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Parent/Teacher Confrence

Yesterday was parent teacher conference for the girls...and let me tell you, they are doing amazing things in school.

Pink Panther's teacher just loves her to pieces. Remember back when I posted about her teacher emailing me and saying that she is struggling with place value? Well I went in and talked to her teacher and we come up with the conclusion that she is wanting more attention from the teacher or she is board. Well the outcome is that it is more likely the attention thing. Her teacher has been giving her more attention and it seems to be working. She is getting anywhere from 85% to 100% on her math tests. She is also a great reader. She loves to read that is for sure. Her teacher said that both of the girls are such happy kids. Every morning they run into the school with great big smiles on their faces and just act like they love to be there and to learn.

Little Miss Sassy played Grammy (my mom) like a fiddle the other night. I had to take Pink Panther to gymnastics so my mom watched the other two and she was helping Little Miss Sassy with her homework. Well, Little Miss decided that she wanted to tell Grammy that she couldn't read the words "it, the, this, they, there, etc." all of the easy sight words, but yet she could read kangaroo and yellow...LOL...so when I got home my mom told me that I needed to work with her more because she is struggling even with the simple words. So I told my mom that I do work with her every day and she is just playing her like a fiddle because I know she knows those words. She has been learning them since the first day of kindergarten. Well I got this brilliant plan to ask Little Miss Sassy why she was acting that way and she said that she just wanted to be a snot (her words, not mine). I then proceeded to tell her that I don't think she was trying to be a snot, she just wanted some attention. She agreed with me.

Well long story short, I went in to talk to her teacher and her teacher says that she is almost on a level A in reading. Her teacher said that Little Miss does amazing things with her brain and she knows how it works for her. The only thing her teacher said that she is struggling with is the vowels, but other than that, she is doing amazing. I knew that when we were making the decision about her going to all day kindergarten or not was going to be a tough one and not easy on her, but I am so glad that we made that decision. The progress that she has made since August is remarkable and it makes the hard days worth it.

These kids are doing amazing things and I am so proud of all 3 of them. We just want to raise them to be healthy productive citizens in this crazy world.

3 comments:

  1. What exciting time! You guys are doing such a great job with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have some amazing kiddos there. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and they are just getting started!

    ReplyDelete