It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Today's Happenings

  • Carson woke up the house singing Jesus came to John the Baptist in Judiah long ago and was baptised in the river Jordans flow.

  • At least it wasn't a Christmas song this morning.

  • Good job ALA girls 7th grade basketball team. 21/5 ALA. We played Wasatch

  • Quynsie's term two GPA 3.963 with an overall GPA for the year as 3.853

  • I know that the honeymoon period was over a long time ago with our 12 year old, but man oh man, her back talking is getting out of control.

I know that our life is not perfect by any means and I am not about to portray that it is. We are real and we do deal with real life difficulties. Our children are just normal kids who have dealt with trauma in their life, but for the most part they are normal kids with normal kid behavior. As you can see above Quynsie is very capable of getting straight A's, but today I was informed by the school that she had let her grades drop just a bit. We didn't yell at her, but we did question what happened and why. Apparently that to her is lecturing her. Which ok, yes it probably is, but that is our job as her parents. We are here to teach her right from wrong and how to be responsible and reliable. Anyway, later on in the evening Joe was making a noise that I could not stand and I asked him to stop. Quynsie, in a very rude manner says, well now you know how I feel when you lecture me. I was just dumbfounded. It came so out of the blue that I was shocked. And no this is not the first time her mouth has gotten out of control or all of the kids for that matter. We worked through it and discussed why we felt that that was back talking and it better not happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment