It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Friday, August 5, 2016

Carson finally got a play date with his bestie Cody.
Quynsie went over to babysit for this family and Carson loves to tag along for play dates.
In the picture is Cody, Parker and Carson.
Cody and Parker's mom is my sister's best friend from elementary.
Her kids have grown up calling us aunt and uncle.
They also go to the same school as we do.
Carson and Cody were in the same class last year and so that is how they became so close.
In fact Cody cried when I went to pick Carson up.
Unfortunately, they will not be in the same class this year.
Parker is Nadia's age and for some reason, they have never been in the same class.

Anyway, Quynsie is on her first over night babysitting job today.
She babysat from 8:30-7 and then she will babysit again in the morning at 7.
We decided in stead of having to drive her to Payson that early in the morning, she could just stay there.
This is so far out of my comfort zone. I HATE sleepovers of any kind.
The only sleep overs that they have ever had was at my parents when Raven was in the hospital a couple of years ago and then an occasional camping trip with the grandparents.
We have personal and I mean very personal reasons as to why we do not allow sleepovers and I am not about to go into it here as my kids do read these blog posts and I have tried to shield them from some our pain of how sexual abuse ruins everyone's lives whether you are the victim and family or you are the family of the one that did the crime. It may be different kinds of pain, but it is pain all the same. Our kids have been exposed to sexual abuse in their past and that was one of the contributing factors in our decision.
Joe and I have just made the decision that we do not want to be in a position of someone accusing us or us having to accuse someone else of the crime.
Better safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment