It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Mama got pissed off when she walked downstairs yesterday.
Mama cleaned the room and moved things around.
I still need to work on the closet, but this much was cleaned up.
I'll take an after when I get it all of the way finished.
This is Raven's room and if she doesn't start respecting it, then Nadia will get the brand new room and Raven will have to move upstairs to Nadia's boring room that we have not painted or put new carpet in yet.
This is only two days worth of a mess. She hates it being clean. She likes chaos and if she doesn't have chaos in her life, she makes it.
No sheet on the mattress makes me cringe. It is nasty not to have a sheet.

Carson put his glasses on today without having to be asked.
He has been doing this more and more, but it never lasts long.
Eventually the glasses end up somewhere and then they are lost for awhile until he finds them again.
We have eye appointments next week so hopefully, we will be able to get new glasses for everyone before school starts.

He was also caught doing his chore without being asked this morning.
This is a change from his nasty behavior yesterday.
He was supposed to be riding his bike with Raven and when Raven came back in, she said that she didn't know where Carson was.
I went out and hollered for him and he usually comes back, but this time, he didn't come back.
I went driving around and found him five blocks down where he knows it is off limits without going with someone and permission.
Dad got really mad and chained his bike up and he is grounded from it for awhile.

Poor Nadia has battling a fever since Saturday. It is really weird... it comes and goes.
She has been seen four times since December for the same thing.
December, 2015
February 2016
May 2016
July 2016
I am taking her back into the doctor tomorrow when I take Raven for her medication check up and they are going to do a blood test to rule out any infections. Mono is what is the main topic of concern right now.
I had mono in high school and it was bad. It lasted months and months and I was bedridden for that long. It affects everyone differently, but I did get the more severe case.
I so hope it is not mono because she is having a hard time staying in her room and down now because she is board, I can't even imagine trying to keep her down much longer.

On a more positive note, I was able to calm Nadia down before her tantrum  got out of control yesterday and twice tonight.
Joe was so excited about last night that he jumped up and down and gave me a high five and all.
He was beside himself that I was able to do it without it getting out of control first. To be honest, I was a bit surprised myself.

We talked to Quynsie's birth dad today.
He seems to be on the right path. I hope that he can stay that way for Quynsie's sake.
He has been so supportive of us being her parents.
He tells us all of the time that he appreciates us and that we are doing an amazing job at raising these four amazing kids.
Quynsie really has come along way in her healing.
She has forgiven him because he has owned up to his mistakes and regrets them.
Quynsie doesn't feel the same about her birth mom at this point.
She is still really hurt about the last interaction she had with her.
It left a bad taste in her mouth, so to speak.
She is having a hard time forgiving someone who does not want to take accountability for their mistakes.
Anyway, things are going really well with Quynsie.
I am so proud of her and the young women she is becoming.


No comments:

Post a Comment