It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Monday, October 31, 2016

October 31, 2016

HAPPY HALLOWEEN


I got a phone call around 1 from a teacher at the school telling me that Carson split his lip open. I asked if it looked bad. They said, it looks like hamburger, but really it only looks like a split lip like when your lips are dry. Then the receptionist sent me a picture and really it didn't look bad so I called the school back and told them to send him back to class and that I would look at it when I came to pick him up. 45 minutes later I got a text from Carson's teacher saying that his lip was still bleeding and that I probably should come check it out. When I got there, I was like ya, it is deep and maybe we should get it checked.
I took him down to the urgent care clinic and they put one stitch in it.
I took him back to school to finish off the Halloween festivities.
I stayed at the school in the carpool lane because, lets face it, there was no reason for me to go home and then back again.
Next thing I know it, his teacher walks him out to the car and tells me that he chewed the stitch out.
I took him back down to the doctor office and they stitched it a second time, but this time they put 3 stitches in.
I kid you not, within an hour he had already managed to chew one of the stiches out.
I stopped and got some liquid bandage and have been applying that just to keep the other two stitches in. Well, he went trick or treating with dad and by the time he got home, he had chewed another one out. I am hopeful that with all of the glue on his lip, that the last stich will stay there.
I refuse to take him back to get it stitched again because there wasn't much skin left to stich it in the first place. I will just use the liquid bandage on it until it heals.

So yes, our boy has had 2 sets of stiches in the past month or so and if you want to get technical, he has had 2 sets in one day and the third one was from his eye a month ago.

This boy likes to live on the edge. He loves danger and is not afraid of much of anything.
I need some bubble wrap for this kid.
I think boys are harder to raise than girls....
ok so maybe not...
the girls I have to worry about the pms and hormone changes.













No comments:

Post a Comment