It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday January 22, 2016
 
This morning was rough!
With a kid with sensory and autism, life is unpredictable. You never know what their mood will be like.
This morning all he did was yell at people and cry.
I went in at the end of the school day to check on him and his teacher said that he was the exact same way all day. She said it was a roller coaster of a day.
She told me about what happened on Wednesday during a math test:
one of the questions asked how many tens are in this column and how many ones are in this column?
Carson answered 87
So his teacher then asked him again how many stacks were in the tens column? (answer was 8 tens), but no matter how his teacher asked him, he kept saying 87 because that was the final answer. 80+7=87
 
There was another question:
Give me a different way we can write 40+ 7= 47
Carson's answer:
It doesn't matter because the answer is always going to be 47.
She was trying to get him to say: 4 stacks of 10 and 7 ones
 
I am not sure what we are going to do with this boy! He sure does have a mouth on him.
Where he gets these things I will never know.
 
What we do on a Friday night when mom is sick.
These sinus infections I keep getting are starting to piss me off!
 
Thursday January 21, 2016
 
Ugh I woke up this morning feeling worse than I did yesterday when I went to the doctor. I took my first antibiotic yesterday as soon as I got it. My ears and head are hurting. Every time Joe tried talking to me last night my right ear would vibrate inside. He thought I was kidding until I slapped my ear and told him to be quiet. It is the weirdest feeling ever.
 
Good Job Quynsie
 
Yep! This is our Sensory seeking child. He loves being upside down. He does handstands and even watches tv upside down.
Crazy boy!
 
I was looking at Ravens math last night and I couldn't believe what they are teaching our 5th graders now days. She was doing regular algebra but this had decimals and square roots. I was going crazy just looking at it.
 
Boy is this so true!
I am thankful that we finally have answers so that we can address them the correct way. I cannot handle some of these behaviors.
He does not make eye contact
Is emotionally unstable
Pre-occupied
Can't focus when in groups of people
Eating habits are horrible
Needing one step directions
And so on.....
 
My...I mean Raven's science project. A cotton wood tree.
While she was writing her report, I was working with the hot glue gun gluing the branches in place and the cotton.
One of the easier science projects that I have had to help with.
I hope there is an "A" involved in this because I have not been feeling well, but still took time to help her.
 
When Joe got home from work, I was
Being funny. .. I asked Joe "my homework is finished can I go to bed now? " then he said yeah but what do you want for dinner?
Yep that's right he got home early enough to cook dinner tonight. I love a man that can cook so I don't have to all of the time.
 
Happy 9th birthday to our nephew Kaden!
I can't believe that you are 9 already.
We love you so much buddy!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment