It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Thursday January 14, 2016

This morning I had a minor heart attack. I got a pop up on my phone saying Nadia was marked absent at school today. Ummm excuse me I dropped her off. I called the school and made sure she was really there. Yep she was. Geeze people when you are in a situation like ours (Yes we have been very careful not posting where our kids go to school, but you just never know) a simple mistake like that sends us into orbit. Protective mama bear came out.



Look at Mr smarty pants Carson!!!! We did have him screened for autism at school. The score for my part came out as very likely and the teachers came up as possibly likely that he is autistic.
I have a doctors appointment scheduled and if they can't confirm it, then I will try going through the school district. Our kids don't go to a public school, but our insurance will not cover the very expensive test at a private mental health place. Either way, we have a good start in the right direction.

Quynsie gave me one of her worst glares ever today...it was over underware. I bought Raven and Nadia new underware because I have not bought them any for awhile and I was doing laundry and looked at their underware and thought dang these things are way small. I just bought Quynsie new ones about a month ago. She was so jealous that her sisters got something new and she did not.
SERIOUSLY kid!!!! It is JUST underware! What is so exciting about underware that you have to be jealous?

Naida had a huge melt down about piano lessons today. I think she feels overwhelmed with school, homework, chores, dinner, piano and then karate.
We came up with a compromise that will hopefully help. I have asked her teacher to switch things up a bit to make it more fun and then we changed the day and made it pretty much right after school, so that she hopefully doesn't feel so overwhelmed.
Our kids do not do well with over stimulation nor do they do well with change.

Now that we have some what of an answer about Carson, it helps us better understand why he is acting the way he is and now we can try different things to help him. We are going to be going through his room, organizing it and labeling each bin and dresser drawer so he and everyone else knows that is where things go.
We have noticed that if Joe puts Carson's pjs in the wrong drawer, Carson can't just pull them out and put them in the right drawer, he has to pull everything out of every drawer, and then he gets overwhelmed and won't pick them up because they are now all mixed up and he is confused.
He has one big toy box that he can put all of his toys in, but he won't because then he can't find things and he can't stand it all being in one big pile.
Cars have to have a home, action figures have to have a home and so on.

Wednesday January 13, 2016

Joe had to go to Saint George for work today and that means that he is not going to be home before the kids go to bed. This also means that they won't see their dad until Thursday night after he gets home from work.

I had all of the kids in bed by 7:30 reading or doing something quiet in their rooms. By the time Joe got home at 9:30, they were all asleep. I got a total of 2 hours to myself. It was quite peaceful.


Carson is OCD about his socks and he would prefer a pull up more than underware.

I feel this way about my kids math homework sometimes as well.


#5 is a good example...
There are 30 pages minus 9 that are single digests so that leaves 21 pages left that are double numbers...
21x2=42+9=51  

Tuesday January 12, 2016

Raven struggled at school today. She was messing with her watch during instruction time, her teacher asked her to stop, but she wouldn't so the teacher took it away and told her she could have it back at the end of the day.
I ended up emailing the teacher for her side of the story and was told that Raven got up in the teachers face about it and was disrespectful.
I do not put up with my kids being disrespectful to any adult.
We have asked Raven to write her teacher an apology letter.
We are all about holding our kids responsible for their actions. They are not allowed to blame others (which they try to do).
 
Monday January 11, 2016
 
I wasn't completely listening to Joe and Carson's conversation but I tuned in to hear "no dad, you silly dad".


No comments:

Post a Comment