It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Monday February 15, 2016
 
Raven asks me. ..
Are my back teeth supposed to touch when I chew?
Joe and I both laughing
Yes raven they are supposed to touch. That means our money is worth it. The braces are doing their job.
...
She isn't used to her teeth touching.
 
It came, it came!!! I am so excited that Carson's therapy weighted vest came today!
It weighs 2lbs, and a lot of people wouldn't think it works, but by George, it works wonders.
 
Tuesday February 16, 2016
 
Today's forecast is. ...My head is still cloudy with lots of pressure and about a 0% chance of a runny nose. Stupid sinus infection. Today is therapy day for the kiddos So I have to look somewhat presentable. Time to get myself moving.
 
Tonight after therapy, we made a stop at dad's work! It just happened that he was back at the shop when we were passing it after therapy so we made a quick visit.
 
Speaking of therapy....
 
Quynsie has made great progress in therapy today!!!!
I am so proud of her.
She has refused to talk about her feelings about her birth mom in therapy.
But TODAY....
She DID IT!!! She talked about her feelings.
I think allowing her to talk to her birth mom a few weeks ago, has made her think more about it and what she really wants out of that relationship.
She told her therapist that she has realized that her birth mom hasn't changed much if any. Quynsie said that she thinks her birth mom is selfish and can't think of anyone else's feelings but her own.
Her therapist told me that Quynsie said that she is glad that I let her talk to her birth mom because she had this fantasy and was putting her on a pedestal and thought the grass was greener on the other side, that is until she actually had a conversation with her.
I have been so worried that she hadn't fully processed what happened in that conversation and that she would be mad at the world for a long time, but in real honesty, she has worked through it.
I will be honest, I was really worried about letting her talk to her birth mom in the first place because I knew how it would turn out, but I had to allow her the freedom to learn for herself and get the answers she was looking for.
It is terrifying allowing your child contact with a birth parent after they have not had any contact for a few years. Or should I say, when we as the parents have not had contact with birth parents in 3 1/2 years. We have no clue what kind of mental state they are in and we have no clue if they are in a healthy place or not, but we had to take that leap of faith and with a lot of prayer that if this does not turn out well, that our child will be able to bounce back quickly from the heartache and hurt once again.
I am happy to report that our child has bounced back quickly.
Her therapist told me that we made the right decision in allowing that freedom because it helped her in her feelings of hurt and anger.
Sometimes, I don't feel like I am doing much right, but that comes with being insecure sometimes. It is normal for parents to feel that way from time to time and THIS, THIS I will take as a sign that we have DONE something right in the parenting arena!
 
I am going to bed with love and happiness in my heart. Knowing my daughter can work through hard things is very humbling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment