It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Not much to blog about today except that I took Quynsie to the doctor and she has pharyngitis and a sinus infection starting.
Because she was home and the other kids were not around, I allowed her to contact her birth mom and lets be honest, it did not go well.
Quynsie feels that her birth mom is not taking her feelings into account and validating them, she feels that her birth mom is only thinking of herself and her feelings.
 
My take on this is that birth mom should have put her feelings aside and validated Quynsie's feelings. I am not sure that either one of them were ready to hear what the other had to say, but Quynsie has been pushing and pushing to be able to talk to her. She did not want to take no for an answer and I knew that she would go behind our backs and do it anyway, so I figured, I would rather do it with her and know that it was being done in a healthy way (or so I thought) than letting her do it on her own. I wanted to be there for her when and if she fell on the ground. It did not take long for that to happen into the conversation.
My heart is crushed watching Quynsie's heart being crushed.
 
If this was at all to do with my feelings, I certainly would not have allowed this to happen, but because I was worried about Quynsie and her feelings, I allowed it.
To be perfectly honest, I think it was a good thing because it gave Quynsie a reality check that she needs to work harder in therapy and that her birth mom is not ready to hear the truth of what this whole thing has done to the kids.
I am sure we blindsided her as well even though she knew that Quynsie was going to be talking to her. I just don't think she was prepared to answer the questions that she had.
Maybe another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment