It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

April 06, 2016
 
My grandpa is doing ok. They had him up and walking yesterday, just hours after the emergency surgery. They put a rod from his hip to his knee in. He is lucky that it did not break a little bit higher.
My parents were down there yesterday and said that he was doing ok.
I was on the phone with my mom yesterday and she said that when they got him up to walk, he yelled out "oh shit".
Nadia and Quynsie were sitting there and heard grammy say it and they both said, "I have never heard grandpa swear, but grandma's favorite word is 'S word'".
I laughed so hard.
 
Nadi Nadia helped mom cook enchilada's for dinner last night.
 
This poor boy is so sick. He never lets me hold him like this anymore and he allowed me to hold him 3 times like this yesterday. He is not feeling much better today. He is ornery and hasn't eaten much and his cough is horrible.
 
Nadia gave me a good foot massage last night. My feet have been swelling really bad and they hurt oh so bad.
 
Today is our niece Des' 15th birthday.
 
 
This girl finally got her wish and I caved and finally died (bleached) her hair. She has been asking me to do it for a few weeks now and I have been so busy that I have not had time to do it until today.
 
 
Nadia got in on the action.
 
 
Raven got a few red streaks, but you can't really see them that well. I ran out of bleach on the other two and I would have rather used it on Raven's because her hair is so dark and does not take color very well.
The impressive part is that she let me style it.
 
 
 
 
We went out to the Ranch today to get some cinder block for our shed. Our truck has been giving us some issues so we also took the van just incase we needed it. I would hate to be stranded out in the middle of nowhere without cell phone service. The dry dirt was so thick that it stuck to the car. I had to take a picture before I sprayed more water on it to clean it. I had to see.
 
A new recipe. Ham, turkey, Swiss and cheddar cheese sandwiches. You use pizza dough, layer the meat and cheese then you roll up, cut into 12 sections and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Loved this...the girls loved it as well. Carson, well, he doesn't like much of anything when it comes to food unless it is junk food.
 
We will see how Carson is feeling in the morning and I might take him to the doctor.


No comments:

Post a Comment