It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Friday, April 15, 2016

April 15, 2016
 
 
Yesterday Carson and I was in the right place at the right time. This accident happened just before I got to this intersection in orem and I was able to have one of the drivers sit in my car to stay warm until her husband got there. Thankfully there was just bumps and bruises.
 
This is me every morning, especially with Carson. He declares every day that he is not going to school and demands that I sign him out permanently and home school him.
 
 
Took Nadia's braids out this morning before school and we both loved the end results. In fact Quynsie loved it so much she begged me to braid hers tonight. I forgot to take a picture so I will have to in the morning. I will be putting her braids up in a bun so she can go babysit and not have to worry about her hair.
 
 
Raven accidently broke her tea set last night so this morning I fixed it the best that I could.
 
I don't know which one is more comical on pain medication, my dad or my grandpa. I totally forgot about an incident with my dad years ago until my grandma reminded me today. Anyway my grandpa has been keeping things real at the hospital. He took his monitoring device off yesterday and wheeled himself down to long term and the hospital staff couldn't find him.
My dad's story is that years ago when Joe and I bought our first house, he was dealing with shingles and was on pain medication, and was at our house helping with a remodel and I noticed that he wasn't looking good, so I told him to go get in the car. When I got out there, he was sitting in the middle of our driveway and I asked him what he was doing and he said, you told me to go get in the car. I was like, well, we have a problem then because you aren't in the car, you are sitting in the middle of my driveway.
Apparently, it is a father and son issue because they were both taking the same medication when both of these stories occurred, years apart.
 
Tonight's dinner: Garlic Pizza Knots
 
Recipe here:
 
Don't worry about making the garlic knot dough cover the entire pizza. 
 
Total Time:
Prep:
Cook:
Level: Easy
Yield: 9
Serves: 9
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

Ingredients

Garlic-Knot Crust
  • 2 tubes pre-made biscuit dough
  • 3 tbsp. butter, melted
  • 1½ tsp. garlic powder, divided
  • 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Pizza Filling
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 jar marinara sauce
  • 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 12 slices pepperoni

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
  2. For the garlic-knot crust: Cut each biscuit round in half (or quarter it, if the package makes extra-large biscuits), so they're about the size of a half-dollar. Dip the biscuit pieces in melted butter, then place them in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag and top with 1 tsp. garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Shake to coat.
  3. Pour coated dough balls into a large casserole dish, spreading them out in an even layer. Set aside.
  4. For the rest of the pizza: Place ground beef and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook beef, breaking it up into crumbles with the back of a spatula, until it's fully browned. Drain and mix with marinara sauce.
  5. Pour meat sauce onto pizza, covering the knots. Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly, and garlic knots are puffed up and lightly golden (if you can see them).


No comments:

Post a Comment