It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Friday, May 27, 2016

May 26, 2016

SUMMER VACATION
TEXAS 2016

Day 1

May 26, 2016

We left at 5:30 AM Utah time
As you can see, these kids have no intentions of sleeping on the way to Roswell, NM (our first over night stop).

On the way through Spanish fork Canyon Carson asked me to put coverage on his play phone and when I asked why and who he wants to call he said I wasn't it just in case I want to call grammy.
 
7:15 AM
We are some where between price and Moab. Just outside of price a truck with Texas license plates got pulled over and then just now a different truck with Texas license plates got pulled over. I guess we can start the count to how many Texas drivers get pulled over and we haven't even left Utah yet.

8:15 AM
Stopping for gas and to stretch legs in Moab
 
10:05 AM
Crossed state lines into Colorado
 
 
 
Happy to be out of Utah
 
11:26 AM
 
It is pretty close to 6 hours from home to the New Mexico boarder. That is with a few stops to get gas, use the potty and stretch our legs.
 
1:30 PM
Finally stopped in the middle of know where New Mexico to get bread and lunch meat from this gas station so that we could feed the kids.
Joe kept saying that there should be food in the next town, but every time we would get to the next town, there was nothing. So while we had the chance, we grabbed food.
 
3:30 PM
 
Welcome to Albuquerque Traffic jam.
 
 6:55 PM
 
Finally made it Roswell, NM and we are so ready to be out of this van.
My cousin lives in Roswell so we will be staying the night with her and her boys.
 
11:20 PM
 
I loved this. Lykota climbed into bed and said this is where I'm sleeping and when his mom  said no you need to go to your bed, Lykota said no mom I have a headache I sleep here.
I sure have missed these boys and their mom. They are all getting so big and Jimmy is graduating high school next year. Where has the time gone?
 
And a special thanks to my cousin, her husband and kids for allowing us to spend the night and crash there house. The kids really did enjoy playing with their cousins.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment