It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

What a day it has been.
 
Truck wouldn't start: check
Jumpstarted the truck: Check
Left to take the kids to school: Check
Stopped to get me a dr pepper: Check
Realized that we forgot Raven's violin: Check
Go home get said violin: Check
Take kids to school: Check
Barely got them to school on time: check
Came home: check
walking up steps to come in the house: Check
Fall going up said steps: check
Save my beloved Dr. Pepper while falling up said steps: check
Started calling around to find a place to get Carson tested for autism: check
Done some dishes: Check
Started some laundry: check
Did some sewing: check
Ate lunch: check
Picked kids up from school: check
Took Carson to our regular doctor to see if he could test him for autism: check
Got told that they don't test at the doctors office: check
Came home and got dinner: check
Went to parent teacher conferences: check
 
Raven is at grade level on all things
Nadia is on a 6th grade reading level and is where she should be in math
Carson is reading on a high to beginning 4th grade level reading and high 1st grade math level.
 
Tonight before prayer, things were a bit heated in this house. Everyone was at each other and Carson started singing a Child's Prayer and it gave me an idea. I found the song on the computer and turned it on. It started out just Carson and I listening to it and then it turned into everyone sitting on our bed singing to it. We also listened to a few other primary and church songs.
I love how I can have a silent prayer in my heart on how to deal with a situation and one of the kids starts singing something or they say something that totally makes sense and puts me in my place. I need to listen to that prompting a bit more as well.

Words to a Child's Prayer:

 1. Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer ev'ry child's prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away,
But I feel it close around me as I pray.
Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:

"Suffer the children to come to me."
Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee.

2. Pray, he is there;
Speak, he is list'ning.
You are his child;
His love now surrounds you.
He hears your prayer;
He loves the children.
Of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of heav'n.
 
Now I am headed to bed as it has been a very long and stressful day. Here is to hoping tomorrow turns out to be better and it starts off on the right foot.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment