It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

After months of fighting the kids insurance we finally have it approved for us to take Raven and Carson to a specialized therapist to help with certain things that they are now dealing with. New things keep coming out every once in awhile.  Thank the good Lord because I'm about to lose my mind with these two.
 
During trauma, children learn “self-care” in the absence of parental care. This can unfold into “You aren’t in charge of me” or “I will never never trust you” or “I’m in charge and you can’t tell me what to do!” It is simply a fear of being vulnerable again.
~Heather Forbes~
 
Nadia and Carson both had this issue today. Carson got mad because I told him I was not going to buy him anything at the store, so he picked up a rock and threw it at my van window and proceeded to tell me that I am not his boss.
Nadia's issue was during karate. She did not follow her dad's instructions and decided to through a tantrum. She got brought in screaming and fighting. She hit me and then told me that I am not her boss and she makes her own choices. I reminded her, that yes you make your own choices, but there are consequences for those choices, good or bad, it doesn't matter there is always consequences.
I think this move has kind of thrown everyone off their game. We are all exhausted and because kids still are in school, we don't get to catch up on sleep by sleeping in. We try to go to bed earlier, but the kids don't go to sleep. They are constantly coming into our room saying they heard this or that, or they need a drink or whatever excuse they can come up with.
Carson is graduating kindergarten on Friday and I am looking forward to spending a week with just him one on one. His sisters have another week of school left until summer break. I am hoping that the one on one time will help with him a bit.
We really need to get on a strong schedule and back into the grove of things. These kids all crave routine and structure.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Our new washer and dryer came today and I am so excited. I have been doing laundry all afternoon just because it is awesome to have a big enough washer to handle all of our laundry.
 
We have already had our first catastrophic moment with the new washer and dryer. I left a bottle of bleach on the dryer with the lid on left to get kids from school walked in the laundry room and was over powered by the smell of bleach. The dryer must have vibrated it onto the ground and half the bottle was on the floor. I ruined 2 red school shirts 1 Carsons and 1 Nadia's. Good thing school is almost over. I have never had a dryer knock my stuff off before.
 
KJ 97 San Antonio's Country Station's photo.
I have 3 of them and they all have their attitudes. If I can survive them, then I can survive anything.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
It is finally looking like a family lives here. We may be dysfunctional at times, but we are a family and an eternal one.
 
Ally E Guilb's photo.
Quynsie with her new Young Women's group practicing for the Payson Cultural Celebration. I am so glad that these girls have been so welcoming. Quynsie has been going to our new ward Young Women's activities for the past couple of months. We wanted her to get to know these girls so it would not be awkward for her when we did finally move into our new home. Yes, it meant driving her there because it was nowhere close to where we used to live so she was not able to walk, but I am so glad we made that sacrifice for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment