It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Prego & Mommy Chat's photo.
I love to hear my kids laugh. Not just a laugh, but a real true laugh. For the longest time, it seemed like they were just laughing because everyone else was laughing. Yes, they still do that, but they are farther and few between. When I hear a true laugh, it makes me smile. It tells me that they are finally allowing themselves to be happy and that it is ok to be happy.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Raven is enjoying the time she gets with Quynsie's phone. Quynsie has had a bad habit lately not calling me or her dad to let us know that she is either leaving school property or that she is staying after school. Today I had been sitting there waiting for her for 25 minutes after the other 2 kids came out and we were all getting angry. She finally comes out and says that she needs to stay after. Ok, that is awesome, I don't mind her staying after so she can finish a final, but dang, she had this teacher the first 2 periods of the day and she could have found the time during lunch to call and let me know that she was going to have to stay after so that I wouldn't have to sit there with 3 other kids screaming at me.
Anyway when she finally called me at 4 to tell me that she was ready to come home, I just said ok. I didn't tell her that I was going to make her wait or anything. Finally at 4:30, she text me and said, please come get me. I called her and said that her dad was on his way and I then asked her how it felt to wait 30 minutes for someone. She said it didn't feel very good. I said, ok well while you are waiting for your dad to get there, think about how you feel waiting but add having her 3 siblings there as well waiting with her. How inconvenient it is to sit there that long.
She came home and I had her hand her phone to Raven. It has just about killed her to see Raven on her phone all evening. She has been begging for it back and saying she will call next time. I bet you she will not forget about this for a very long time. I hope she has learned her lesson.
93.7 B-93's photo.
I hope my kids know and understand how much we love and wanted them. We have prayed for them for years. We may not be perfect parents, but one thing is for sure, we love our kids and just want what is best for them. We want them to grow and be healthy contributing adults to this world.


No comments:

Post a Comment