It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Monday, July 27, 2015

11 years ago today my little nascar buddy came into this world. When we found out my sister was pregnant we were going through a rough family situation and Aiden held our family together in a sense. He was the bright light in our lives at the time. He has always been and always will be my little buddy. I love you so much Aiden. Happy birthday love aunt nana uncle Joe and your cousins.
 
This morning I gathered the kids and their money and we set off to go to the bank to set up bank accounts for the kids. We have had issues at home where Raven thinks she needs to pay people to be nice to her, so we decided that now was the time to get them bank accounts so that we don't have money just floating around here that she can pay people with. I know that this is coming with her insecurities and not feeling wanted and we are working on that in therapy.
 
In other news, there are no pictures for today. It has been a very frustrating and tiring day.
Carson has not slept in 3 weeks. He gets maybe 3 hours of sleep a night if we are lucky. After 3 weeks of this, he is frustrated and tired and so are we as parents. Because of everyone being so tired, the patience are really thin between everyone. I also think it intensifies his regular behaviors and makes them seem like they are 1000 times worse.
The trip to Walmart to get mouse traps went great.
We came home and I asked the kids to eat lunch and get ready to go to the school so we could fix Quynsie's schedule that was completely messed up.
Carson chose not to eat lunch and I knew that as soon as we got to the school he would tell me he was hungry so I went prepared with a snack.
Raven, Nadia, and Carson ended up pushing my buttons. They were rude, disrespectful and out of control.
We finally got home and I sent all of them to their own rooms just to give myself a minute to calm down and regroup. Good thing I took that minute because Carson became so out of control, I almost lost my composure. I ended up spending about 45 minutes trying to calm him down. I was sitting there holding him and patting his back and it dawned on me one of the techniques that I have not had to use for about a year just might work.
So I asked Quynsie to go get my lavender oil and my lotion and I got to work on rubbing his chest, arms and legs. Surprisingly, it worked. He calmed down enough for me to talk to him and figure out what the problems were. Thursday can't get here fast enough when we go back to the doctor and we can have a conversation about what the next step in this is going to be. I know that most of it is that we are not getting much sleep.
So here is to hoping for sleep because tomorrow is going to be another long day of appointments.


No comments:

Post a Comment