It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Friday, July 31, 2015

I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a mom to my 4 amazing kids. They have had to overcome so much in their short little lives that no one should have to witness. They have been a great example of how to overcome things and still be able to love and be loved. I love you Quynsie, Raven, Nadia and Carson more than you will ever know.
 
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT:
 
I understand that people get put in situation or put themselves in situations that cause harm to their children and DCF...S gets involved, but for crying out loud DO EVERYTHING in YOUR POWER to get them back. I also understand that sometimes, you just can't overcome whatever it is that caused DCFS to get involved and at that point, be grown up enough to have a conversation with your kids at the final visit letting them know that they are good enough and that they are loved and that they can do better. And whatever you do, DO NOT tell your kid that you wish they were never born. If the adoptive family is giving you the option of being apart of the kids lives, by all means be there. Don't promise things and then not follow through. If you are expecting me to text you I am not going to. I am not going to hunt you down and beg you to be apart of their lives.
 
With that all being said, I sure wished our kids birth mom could just see what she has done to these poor kids. The things she has said to them or not said to them (by actions), they replay in their minds over and over. It doesn't matter if it is true or not, that is the kids reality and the way they feel. The dialogue our kids have going through their heads about themselves is just horrible.
 
I am not telling you all of this for me to have to explain things, I just want everyone to know that choosing to have children is not a game. It is real life and serious. Everything you do they are watching you closely. They look up to you. They want to feel good enough for you. They just want to be loved by you.
 
This sucks. Joe's truck won't start so he took the van to work and my van needs new rear breaks. Just awesome. What a great start to the weekend. Oh and Carson has been up since I don't know when. He knocked on our door at 4:30 and has been going ever since.
 
So because dad had our van, I spent the day, coloring and cutting the kids hair and getting it ready for school. And then I unpacked a few more boxes out in my craft/laundry room. I can't wait until it is all put together and the only thing left is totes of material left.
 
 
After I cut his hair.
 
 
The back of her hair is completely red, but I only randomly put red through the top and sides. I also put more texture through the top of her hair because it is so thick and heavy. I wanted to allow the curly look to come out. All of our kids actually have naturally wavy/curly hair.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
I am not sure I like hers yet. I might need to add some in certain places.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Quynsie loves hers. She has told me so many times today that I was starting to get annoyed...LOL
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
In between doing hair, I was folding laundry so I asked Quynsie of she could make me some hash-browns and this is what she brought me. I have never had an egg in the middle of my toast before. I have to admit that I loved it. In fact, I loved it more than French toast.
Thanks kiddo for taking care of your mommy while she was busy doing hair and laundry.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
It has been a long almost 7 years since this stuff has been out of a box. I'm so excited that I finally have a place that they can call home. Introducing my Dale Jr collection!!!
 
Much to our kids surprise, they were shocked to see that I was not lying this whole time about my Jr. collection. I need to get more of his new stuff, but I sure do love my old stuff.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment