It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

This boy slept the entire night. Well, I guess he got up and turned his light off, but he did not knock on our door and wake me up. Joe said that he heard him turn it off. I am so proud of him for being able to put himself back to bed. I needed the sleep so bad. We are not sure why he likes to sleep with his light on, but we let him because we don't want to fight him and if he actually sleeps then let him have it on.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
It has been so nice having Joe come home at a decent time the past couple of days because things have gotten done around here. The back yard is finally cleaned up and we can plant grass. The only problem is that the pile of junk only moved to the side of our house until Saturday when we can take it to the dump, but it is all cut up and ready to be loaded up.
Joe also fixed our bathroom sink. I noticed this morning that it was leaking. And the kids and I have noticed a bird in our vents, but we could not pin point it until this morning. It was down by the kids room in the vent by the furnace. Joe had to take it apart to get the bird out. While in the process of doing that, he found a dead bird as well. I am hoping that the dead bird is the cause of the smell in this house that has been here since we moved in. We cleaned this house from top to bottom before moving in so we could not figure out the smell except that it had sat empty for a year before we bought it.
 
I took Raven to physical therapy this morning. Then we came home got lunch and ready to take Quynsie to her friends house in Orem. I agreed to this get together because we were going to PG for therapy anyway for Raven and Carson. Since we had about an hour before therapy after dropping Quynsie off so we went by Grandma Torri's house and she was not there so we took a chance and went up to her school where she teaches. Sure enough, my hunch was right. She was there so we went in and gave her our family pictures and the kids played in her classroom until it was time to go to therapy.
 
I need to put this out there again because it is something that has been bugging me.
 
Trying to manage relationships with our kids birth family is exhausting, so if you don't respond to my text messages more than 3 or 4 times in a row, I am not going to hunt you down. If you really care and want to be apart of their lives, then show it and respond. I go out of my way to send you pictures and updates through text and so therefore, show your appreciation by letting me know that you received that text. I am not required by law to stay in contact with you. I am also not required by law to allow you to be apart of the kids lives. We are doing that out of the kindness of our hearts, but I am done dealing with those who do not care to respond. I have more important things to worry about than wasting my time texting you for nothing.
 
With that being said, I am so thankful for those birth family members who do care enough to respond and want to build that relationship with Joe and I and the kids. It means the world not only to our kids, but to us as their parents. We only want what is best for them and we feel that having some kind of dialogue with the birth family will make things less awkward when the time does come for when the kids do want to meet them.
There is no way to build any kind of trusting relationship when it is only one sided.
I am also thankful for those family members who go out of their way to let us know how much they appreciate us and how much they love us and the kids. Even when it is a grandparent who is only one of the kids grandparent. They have been so amazing in letting all of the kids know that they are cared about and loved. They have never singled one kid over the other and that means the world to us.
Again, thank you to those who do care and let us know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment