It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Rest of the 4th of July weekend
 
Headed up the canyon. Don't worry, we were stopped when I took this picture.
 
 
 
Setting up Camp.
 
Britteny Sly Parry's photo.
 
Britteny Sly Parry's photo.
We have some property up in Scofield and  there is a bit of a whole/dip in the lawn, so we took 2 of our tarps and made a pond and slip and slide. This was the best idea and a huge hit. Raven was really upset that she only got to play in it the 1st day, but everyone else really enjoyed it including me, dad, and uncle sonny. It was great to be able to cool down on a hot summer day.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Headed to the Scofield Fair
 
 
 
Waiting to see the fireworks out on the lake.
Left to Right:
Grammy and Papa, Uncle Sonny and Uncle Bronson, Uncle Troy and Aunt Britt, Aiden, Trevor and Ryleigh and then our crew.

While waiting for the fireworks, Quynsie had to go potty so we sent her down the hill and behind some trees. Well a few seconds later she was running back up the hill screaming. Joe went down to investigate what she was screaming about and there were 4 skunks walking away. Quynsie said that they were walking toward her until she ran. Joe thought she was kidding until he saw them for himself.
 
Raven wasn't the only one that got hurt on this trip. I fell out of my parents trailer somehow. I was giving Carson his breathing treatment and had used my moms nebulizer because ours was still packed. Yes, I took his medication, but I knew my mom would have her machine. Anyway, I had rinsed her stuff off and as I was leaving her trailer to go back to our trailer, I somehow missed the first step and landed right on my backside. I have a serious bruise across my rear end. I twisted my back and hip.
I said, so much for that massage my brother in law (he is a massage therapist) gave me to loosen my hips up earlier in the evening. Yeah it sucked. The drive home was miserable because I had to drive the van as Joe was driving the truck and puling our trailer. I can't wait until either we get a tow hitch on the van or we trade the van in for a full size truck that will fit all of us in it.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
This morning Joe had to convince Carson to burn the wood that he painted because he didn't want to drag it home.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
This is day 2 of 10. It really does look better than even yesterday. I am concerned about the open wound above the top stitch and the one at the bottom, but I will just keep an eye on it and see how things turn out. I know that Papa was making the Resident Student nervous. After she made the first 3 stitches, he said, I am not sure about those ones can you redo them? She was like, yeah I can redo them once I get the rest of them in. And she did. I am so thankful for my dad and brother in law for going with me. Joe was back at camp with Carson and our nephew Aiden because they didn't want to go to the lake and we were a pretty good distance away from camp so I just called him and told him we were just going down. He asked if I needed him to come down, and I said, no, Quynsie, Nadia and Carson were going to need him to keep them calm and busy.
The accident happened around 6:30 and we were back up to camp by midnight.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
The dang camp fire and dust always gets to this boy. We thought we were growing out of this stage, but come to find out, not so much.
 
All in all, we were able to salvage the rest of the weekend and we had a great time.
Now to get ready for the surprise vacation trip we are taking. The kids have no idea that we are going. They also don't know that their dad is taking the entire week off. We are not leaving until Wednesday because we needed time to regroup and repack and we have family pictures Tuesday night. Our plan is to go to Yellowstone.


No comments:

Post a Comment