It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Saturday, August 15, 2015

15th Wedding Anniversary
 
Because tomorrow is our anniversary, we decided to celebrate it today.
My parents took the kids this afternoon so we could go to dinner and then to the Demolition Derby. Joe and I had never been to a Demolition Derby that we can remember and it did not disappoint. Dinner was also really amazing. We went to Ruby River. Again, we had not been there since right after we got married. Today was an evening full of new things.
 
It amazes me how far we have come in 15 years. Heck, even the past 5 have been crazy. We went on an amazing road trip back east 5 years ago for our 10 year anniversary and since that time....
 
1. We have done foster care
2. We have adopted 4 kids
3. Bought a mini van
4. Have had a breast cancer scare
5. A lot of therapy and doctor appointments
6. 2 sets of stiches within the first 10 days of July this year.
7. We sold and bought a house.
8. Made life long friends
9. Joe started teaching karate
10. We have done a few major remodel projects inside and outside of both houses.
 
I could not have chosen a better man to share my life with. He keeps me grounded when I just want to lose my mind. He is an amazing daddy and works extremely hard for our family so that I can be a stay at home mom, which our kids need desperately.
He is very patient with me and the kids. He pushes me to be the best that I can be. He supports me in every way. He puts up with my demanding requests even if he thinks they are outrageous.
Happy Anniversary babe!!! I love you so much. Thank you for being there for me and the kids.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
 
 Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
 
 
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
 
 
 
 
The gentleman that is in yellow got hurt during a double rollover on the track. He was only able to crawl half way out of his car and then needed assistance the rest of the way.
He injured his shoulder, but otherwise was ok.
The crowd erupted when he stood to walk out of the arena.
 
All in all, the show was amazing. I want to take the kids next year. I think they would love it. Especially Carson because cars are his thing and they are getting destroyed, another one of his favorite things.
Thanks again to my parents for taking the kids for us so we could enjoy a night out. Something we don't do often enough.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment