It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Monday, August 3, 2015

Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
This Thursday will be 14 days since Raven got her stitches out, but there are still a couple of spots that still have not healed completely, but we are finally making progress.
 
After such a busy weekend of yard work and stuff, it was nice to just sit and relax today. I did do some laundry, but other than that I just relaxed.
Raven went to her friends house around the corner and they bounced back and forth between the two houses. I just have to say it again, I LOVE living in a real neighborhood where my kids can have friends and go between the houses playing.
 
Danny Watson Afternoons's photo.
After sitting around all day, I thought this was hilarious and I was like, um can I do this as a stay at home? Probably not!!! My kids would not find it very funny, well, maybe Quynsie would get it and laugh, but the littles wouldn't get it.
 
Little Miss Sassy Pants *Nadia's* hair today.
 
TryLife's photo.
Camilla I miss you so much!!! I wish you were here or I there.
 
Our truck has not been working right for a few days now. Joe took my van to work Friday and today because I had no place to go. It was amazing not having to go anywhere because it has been so long since I have had a day to just stay home.
Well, he didn't get home early enough like he was wanting to so he could work on it and hopefully fix it. So we found a solution that will hopefully get us through tomorrow at least. I pulled my van in front of the truck and we hooked up the chain to both vehicles and I towed him enough that he could pop the clutch. It worked. So he backed his truck into the driveway where I normally park because it is on a slight hill and he would hopefully be able to roll down it enough to pop the clutch. Then he can take his truck to work, and if he has to he can have someone at his work push or pull him in order to get home. I will also be in Pleasant Grove just up the road from Joe's work taking the kids to therapy so if I have to I can quickly go do the same thing.
Hopefully he gets home early enough to fix it tomorrow.
We are now on the hunt for a small car that he can drive to and from work, but still be reliable as he will have to take kids places as well from time to time.
We want to still keep the truck for times that we need to haul yard debris or things like that, but we also know that it is on its last leg. It is a 1991 Toyota Pickup truck with over 300,000 miles on it. We have had it for about 6 years. It has been a good truck and we want to keep it a little bit longer, but that will not be possible if we keep using it as a daily commuter vehicle.


No comments:

Post a Comment