It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
This is just crazy!!! Our kids go to a charter school so that means that we buy the school supplies. Normally the school supplies are not labeled with the kids names except their pencil box. They just put it all in a stock pile and then distribute them as needed.
This year, I just had to pay a $20 for Nadia's class, but, I was shocked to open the packets for Carson and Raven and see that they wanted us to label certain things right down to each individual crayon (for Carson's class). Then there are of course a few things that are stock pile things, which I don't mind, but the crayon thing is a bit much.
 
We did get the last few odds and ends of the school supplies that I was not sure about getting when I went before. We are now completely ready for school to start until Quynsie goes to her first couple of days of school and gets the lists from her teachers.
 
Our kids did the teachers they wanted. Nadia even has her best friend in her class. Carson has a friend of the family in his class and we are hoping our niece ends up in Raven's class, but we will see. So far, I see this year being extremely successful and a lot of fun.
So here is to a new school year.
 
Lost Pinup's photo.
Omg this is totally Carson. He tells me all of the time he tried to behave but his brain won't let him. Oh and jesus didn't wire him to behave.
 
Today we started a new type of therapy to go along with Raven and Carson's regular therapy. We are doing half regular therapy and half neuro therapy feed back. We know that behavior could go either way. They can either be really tired and want to sleep after or they can be agitated. Raven was the tired one and Carson was the agitated one today. I talked with his therapist and she said that unfortunately it is going to get worse before it gets better. GREAT JUST GREAT!!! Not exactly what I wanted to hear 2 weeks before school starts.
I want nothing more than to get my kids the help they need and give them the best chance at life and breaking the cycle of their past as we can. They deserve it. I will do whatever I have to do including harassing our insurance to pay for them to go to places that are out of network. I am persistent and like I said, I will do anything to get them the best care possible. If that means driving long distances for therapy, I will do it.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Joe is fixing our truck. Thank goodness the starter seems to be the problem. It has started up every time we have tried since putting the new one on. We will see what happens in the morning and hopefully it starts.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment