It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Ugh!!! I am so worried about Raven
(I posted this note because I think it is important that our kids birth family, more specifically, their birth mom and her husband to see what these kids are saying and how they feel and how they saw things while with them. I want them to know how it has affected these amazing innocent children).
 
I got called into the principal's office today at the end of the day. Raven got caught kissing 2 boys on the playground behind some portable buildings. This kid she has had a crush on since 3rd grade and he the same for her. The scary part is that he offered her candy to kiss him and she did it. This worries us because what if some random guy drives up to her and offers her candy? Would she get in their car?
The sad part is that she is not taking any responsibility for her actions. Yes, she may have been taught that this behavior is ok from her life with her birth family, but we are not going to allow this to continue. It is not ok for a child (10 year old) to kiss another 10 year old. She has been in our home for a little over 3 years and we have tried to teach her right from wrong and what our beliefs and standards are. We want so much more for her than she wants for herself. She doesn't believe in herself and that just sucks. She doesn't think she is capable of having a great life. It just breaks my heart.
We want her to be successful in life. We want her to accomplish her dreams. She is worth so much more than what she is portraying herself to be.
Thankfully, we have the love and support of the principals at the school. 2 of them were her teachers last year. They are so invested in Raven and want her to be successful. They are always there for her. She is always welcome to go talk to either one of them and they would help her through whatever it is that she needs to deal with. I also have a great relationship with them. I feel comfortable talking to them. After talking with Raven in the room for a little bit, they excused her and we chatted for a bit. The first thing one of the principals asked was if I was ok? I said "NO" and she said that she could see that on my face when I walked into that office. I had no idea what I was about to hear, but I knew it was not going to good.

I am not sure what is going on inside of Raven's head right now. She has been so explosive the past few weeks and then she has been in trouble at school 3 times now and we are just completing week 2 of school. This is so not like her. I mean, I want her to talk and get it all out because it is not healthy to hold it in and not talk about things, but she needs to figure out how to do it in a more calm way. I am sure that she has a lot of built up anger and frustration and she has always been our shut down child, until about a month ago. We are trying to get used to this new Raven. I hope that this means we are headed in the right direction as far as her feeling safe and secure in our home and with us as her parents. We want her to always feel comfortable and confident in coming and talking to us when she has a problem.
 
Sexy Bipolar Broads's photo.
Oh boy, I think Raven saw this come true today.
Minions Fans's photo.
If you need me tomorrow, I am out of order. I need some time to process some things.


No comments:

Post a Comment