It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Saturday, August 22, 2015

CONSTRUCTION WORK:
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
 
A boy and his tools. I was cleaning up our construction mess outside and I looked in the window downstairs and this is what I found. He is too cute not to take a picture of. He for sure loves to be with his dad, doing what his dad is doing.
 
I don't normally believe in paying kids for chores. I feel like it is part of being apart of a family. We pay the bills, take them to various activities, friends, doctor appointments, therapy, I cook their meals for the most part, we buy them things, etc. I can't do everything around here so kids need to help out.
The only problem is, is that the kids will not do anything unless I have to fight with them. I can't handle that anymore because I am so stressed as it is, I need to eliminate something. We will pay the kids to clean the kitchen ($4 a week), Clean the bathroom ($1.50 a week), Vacuum either the stairs or the basement (.75cents a week), and folding/putting away their laundry ($1.75 a week). That equals to $8 a week in allowance. So here is to hoping this works.
The rule is that if you don't do something on your chore chart during the week, you don't get the money for that particular chore.
 
 
We went to home depot again today. I am beginning to dislike that place. We spent $415 dollars there today. We got two lights, 8 can lights (spelling?), all of the outlet boxes, electrical wire, my sheet metal for the chore charts, and 20 sheets of sheetrock. We are actually five sheets to short. We still need to buy mud, mudding tape, paint, mop boards, and carpet. This is just for Raven's room and the ceiling in Joe's dojo. We have not even thought about Quynsie's room, the bathroom, or the living room downstairs. Ok, so we have thought about it, but we have not begun any planning work yet. We want to get the bedroom done so that we can move the two girls into it while we work on Quynsie's room. Then we will move onto the bathroom and living room.
 
We took the garbage that we cleaned up off the front lawn all week to the dump this morning. Apparently they have changed the rules and they now weigh you if you have a trailer. The bad part was that we had some concrete in it that we pulled out of the basement. Well, we weighed in over a ton so it cost us $41. I just about wet myself. It was just crazy. I think we will just use our truck from now on. Forget taking the truck full and the trailer full. Dang!
 
Tomorrow is Joe's birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment