It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Friday, April 24, 2015

I am not even kidding you, we need to get this move done and over with more than anyone understands. One more poopy underware/pants from our 6 year old I just might lose it. I don't think people fully understand what living in limbo does to a child, especially a child who has suffered trauma in their past. This kid deals with life much differently than others do. With is sensory processing disorder, he has been extremely over stimulated with everything that is going on and he doesn't know how to deal with it except act out with bad behavior. Unless you have dealt with it, you have no idea. These poor kids are feeling insecure right now. They were just starting to feel like they were part of a family and stable and now we have turned their life upside down again. We know that we are doing what we are supposed to be doing despite the challenges. We know that the kids need to know that they can move to a new house and still be with the same family and that they are going to take all of their stuff with them. We look forward to getting settled in and building new memories as a family. It is going to be so nice having a back yard that is fully fenced and not living on a busy street.
 
Explaining Sensory Processing Disorder:
To most, it may look like our child is having a tantrum/meltdown, but he really is just trying to say, there is way to much going on right now and I need a break where it is nice and quiet. The goal is not to punish him, we just remove him from the situation and try not to have a dialogue with him because talking to him is keeping the stimulation going and that is what we are trying to stop. He is just getting overwhelmed and doesn't know how to redirect or voice what he needs. This is still new to us, as he has only been diagnosed for a year. We still do not understand it completely and are not sure on how to deal with it every time either. And if we don't understand it, then neither does he. He is in therapy for it, so we are trying to just be patient and learn by trial and error.
 
Adoption.net's photo.
Infertility is something Joe and I have dealt with infertility for 15 years.
It is not easy, you have feelings of hate, why me, why us and how are we going to get through this? For Joe and I our infertility issues are primarily Joe and for me that is rough.
I hated seeing him blame himself. I hated seeing him being so rough on himself.
I know that it is not his fault and that it happens. It is more common than people think.
Most people think that infertility is mostly a cause that go through women, but the truth is,
men also deal with infertility.
Somehow Joe and I have survived infertility. We have managed to keep our marriage together. There is a lot of people that end marriages because they just can't deal with the fact that they can't have children with their spouse.
Leaving was never an option for me. It never even crossed my mind. I didn't marry this man because he could or could not have children. I knew there was other ways of building a family. I had always had a dream of adopting one day. I just did not think it was going to be under these circumstances, but either way, I am thankful for being able to still have an option in order to build our family.
 
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
This is what my day consisted of today. I can't wait until we get moved and the kids can go back to folding their own laundry.
 
KJ 97 San Antonio's Country Station's photo.
We love all 3 of our daughters. I love seeing them smile sincerely. Not the fake type smile that they are just trying to appease everyone, but the real thing. The happy smiles, like they are truly happy and content. I love to hear their giggles. I love their hugs and I love how caring they are toward each other and others. We love all of our kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment