It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Last night Carson was out by 10 after 8. This never happens, like I mean NEVER!!!
He went to bed late the night before, Quynsie woke him up early yesterday and then
he went on a field trip with school. He must have been really tired.
He is so peaceful while he is sleeping. I love watching my kids sleep.
 
Fortafy's photo.
The funny thing is is that apparently the child didn't think this one through. How is the mom going to cook said child food? I guess that means mom has the day off.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
This morning I told Quynsie that she can't use more than one towel for her showers anymore unless she starts helping me with laundry because I never can keep up on other laundry because I'm constantly washing towels. Apparently separating and putting a sign on top of the pile is her way of helping.
I asked her about it after school because I was a little bit offended that she would
even put a note on it and high-light the word school, like I don't know how to do laundry or something. Anyway, she said that she meant the note to be for her, for when she got home from school, she could put them in the washer. She apologized profusely and said that she should have put her name on the paper. Anyway, I think she learned a lesson with this and now knows that if she isn't addressing herself on the note, others can take
offense to it, thinking that it was intended to be for them.
 
School Mum's photo.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Raven is one step closer to getting braces. She had her bottom space retainer taken out. It keeps popping off because she has a tooth coming in under the one it is cemented to so the dentist feels that she is close enough to getting her remaining molars that her teeth won't shift significantly. I'm tired of dealing with the spacer. Nadia still has hers but she has had better luck with hers.
 
Minions Fans's photo.
Yes, I might crawl into bed at 8pm, but I am trying to get Carson to sleep, blog, watch the news and then I just plain can't get my mind to shut off. I am constantly worry about this kid or that kid. Did they get this done or that done. Worrying about moving and how much stuff I still have to pack. All of the laundry that still needs to be done. How messy our house is. I hate it being this messy, it is just plain chaos right now. I can't wait until we get
moved and settled into our new place. There is messy, like yes, we live here and then there is disaster looking like we are hoarders kind of messy. Right now, we look like hoarders type messy. This weekend we will be spending the majority of it packing most of everything we have left out. I will only be leaving the necessities out because I am going to need my sleep this next week to make it through everything and the move.
Anyway, by the time I get to sleep, it seems like it is time to wake up. I could possibly pass myself in the hallway!!!

We had to have a talk with Raven and Nadia about how words can hurt and scar just as much as a cut can. They keep telling each other that they don't care about the other one and then they turn around and say, "I was just kidding, can't you take a joke?" We had to explain that you can't say something hurtful and take it back. It doesn't work that way. The second that it leaves your mouth, you have already cut them deep inside their heart. We also had to remind Nadia about the oath she has taken in karate. Some of those things are called commandments:
1. Be of and cultivate good moral character. (If you are saying mean things to others, you are not showing good moral character).
2. Practice without interruption and strive for perfection.
3. Show courtesy and prudence to all teachers and elders (Her sister's are older than her which makes them her elder and she needs to show courtesy).
4. Be forever kind, honest and friendly to all of your colleagues (She wasn't being kind, honest or friendly to her colleagues. Her family is her colleagues as she is part of our team here at home).
5. Never be aggressive towards the weak (This includes with her words).

We made a family proclamation when we first adopted the three younger kids and we just have not updated it since adopting Quynsie. Once we move and get settled in, I think we will sit down as a family and maybe implement some of these things into our house rules and new proclamation.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
My husband loves me and knows me well. I have been eating these things since I can remember. I would always steal my uncles sunflower seeds when I was at my grandma's. In fact, I still do now that I am an adult. We have resorted to buying it by the bucket full. I might have to buy my uncle one just to make up for some of the seeds I took from him. For as much as I eat these, you would think I would have a canker sore the size of a baseball, but really, I think my mouth is so used to it that it is all callused.
 
Quynsie finally got her math grade up from and "F" to a "B". Great job kiddo. We knew you could do it. Now to get her to get her volunteer hours done for the National Honor Society. She has to have them done by the 15th of May. She is about half way there. She will get most of the rest of them this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment