It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Thursday, April 2, 2015

On my way home from taking kids to school I saw the craziest thing. This guy was out mowing his snow covered lawn (It snowed here in So. Utah County). Who does that? OK a crazy person but still it has snow on it sir.
 
'Carson just got out of the bathtub and told Joe he baptized his pets.  Can you tell we have been talking about baptism a lot lately?'
Carson cracks us up on a daily basis. He was taking a shower and when Joe helped him out, he noticed that Carson had taken his "pets" to the tub with him and asked him why they were soaking wet. Carson's response: Because I was baptizing them. Can you tell that baptism has been a hot topic in our home lately? With Nadia's upcoming baptism, we have been talking about it more than normal.
 
Raven's turn for some spotlight in the funny department:
 
Raven while cleaning the kitchen: why can't parents clean? We already know responsibility!!!!
What made this funny was that we really haven't asked then to do much around here the last couple of weeks i have been packing and trying to keep the bathroom and kitchen clean as much as I can and I have even been folding their laundry for them. Things that go unnoticed by children because they are at school.

 
'#BecauseHeLives'
With this weekend being General Conference and Easter, I thought I would post something that we believe in.
 
'Payson temple in the snow. Beautiful!'
I am so in love with the Payson Temple. I am so excited for the open house and dedication in the upcoming weeks so that we can finally use it and perform special ordinances there.
This Temple has been a much needed blessing in the southern part of Utah County for years and we are finally seeing it happen. We are truly blessed.
 
'#ShareGoodness'
 
"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -Winnie the Pooh
 
This quote really is true. We have 4 small things (Quynise, Raven, Nadia and Carson) that have completely taken over our hearts. There are days that I feel like my heart is going to explode because of the love I feel for these kids. They are truly God's biggest miracles and blessings. 
 
'Got real laundry baskets for the kids clothes.  I couldn't do the mesh baskets anymore.  They keep ripping and I have to replace them at least once a month.'
I could not take the mesh laundry baskets we had for the kids laundry anymore. They keep falling apart and I have to buy new ones at least once a month. I have this amazing system where I line the baskets up in order from oldest to youngest and then while I am sorting laundry I put the kids clothes in their own basket and they are responsible for folding and putting away their own laundry (except Carson: he has to put it away, but I fold it still). I don't have a problem washing, drying and sorting the laundry, but folding laundry for 6 people is overwhelming. I have been using this system for about a year and it works well for us.
 
FB~ Troublemakers's photo.
This has been one of mine and Joe's arguments lately. For example: The other day we went to Walmart to buy some boxes. I told him to just go to the Springville one because Spanish Fork would not have the right size. Well, he decided to still just go to the Spanish Fork one and found out that they didn't have what I wanted (just like I tried to tell him) so of course we ended up at the Springville one after all.
 
Being Mommy's photo.
And just because I think this is hilarious.
 
'Calming down strategies'
Once we get moved and settled into our new home, I am going to make a couple of these. One for Raven, Nadia and Carson. Quynsie seems to know how to handle her anger and frustration.


No comments:

Post a Comment