It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

What a morning it was at our house this morning. The alarm didn't go off and Joe lost his keys so now he is not only was he late but extremely late for work. We found his keys and he was able to make it to work, but an hour late. Thankfully, we were able to stay on track with getting kids ready for school and we got them there on time.
 
Things are looking very positive with the sale of our home. The inspection went smooth and we are moving onto the next step...the appraisal.
One of our neighbors, an elderly gentleman, is not happy that we are moving at all. He keeps telling us that he is not going to let us move because he loves us and our kids. On Sunday, he told Quynsie that if he sees a Uhal truck in our driveway, he is going to come over and chain us to the fence. We love this man and are going to miss him. It is not often that you find a neighbor that is so good to you.
 
John Edward's photo.
When I was working in the tax field it took me two years to figure out I was worth every penny we charged to do taxes. People have to realize that we go to school and then take continuing education to keep up with the ever changing laws and regulations so the next time you want to sit down and have someone perform a service for you don't just get up ams walk out because of the price. I'd you don't like the price that is given up front them don't waste people's time.
 
Codeblack Faith's photo.
We are finding this to be true in our lives. We have wanted to have a family since we got married and we tried, for 12 years. We may not always know why God made us wait that long, or why we couldn't have them biologically, but I will testify that He said wait and then gave us the BEST!!! We are so grateful and lucky to have been able to adopt all four of our kids. Had we not waited, we would not have been able to experience the most Spiritual and Emotional experience we call adoption. We feel that some people take for granted having their children born into the covenant (we are LDS), but for us, we are lucky that we were able to kneel across alter from first the 3 younger ones and have them sealed to us for eternity. Then we had Quynsie sealed to us. We will never take that for granted.
 
We have some serious crazy weather going on here in Utah. It was 70 degrees earlier in the day, then by 2:00pm, the wind was crazy strong and then around 6:15 it started to rain and by 6:30 it was snowing. The snow was even sticking to the grass. We had to go pick Quynsie up from Young Women's in our new ward and we are going to be getting more snow at our new place than we currently do where we live now. Thankfully, at our new house, we don't have that big of a driveway to shovel. Here we have such a long driveway, we bought a snowblower, I am not sure we are going to need it anymore.
 
Michael Fiore's photo.
Oh poor Joe. I am so thankful for him. He has had to deal with a lot of my flaws in the past couple of weeks. Stress, anxiety, depression, excitement and anger are just some of the things he has had to deal with and through it all, he LOVED me and still thinks I am the most amazing person. I am so thankful for the my man!!! He is my rock, my strength, and what keeps me going on the straight and narrow. He is my level headed thinker, when all I want to do is be irrational. I really lucked out when I met this man 15 crazy years ago. I love you babe!!!
 
I am that mom that laughed at her child when he ran into a pole tonight.
So this evening we were going into Walmart and Carson was running with his face up in the air trying to catch snowflakes in his mouth and he ran right into a pole face first and I laughed. I couldn't help it and  I'm sure the guy that was standing there thought I was so mean but I had repeatedly told him to stop and watch where he was going and I even yelled STOP right before he smacked into the pole and he didn't listen. Natural consequences I guess. Yes, don't worry, we did pick him up and took him inside and made sure he was ok. He was completely fine. Sometimes, you just have to laugh instead of getting angry.
 
Angie Sanchez's photo.
This is where we get honest with what is really going on in our kids lives, hearts and heads.
 
I am not trying to bash anyone, but I also don't want you to think that our life is peaches and creams either. There are certain things that just drive me crazy. I do not understand how a parent can ignore something serious and not get them the help they need. I am not going to sit here and say I know the whole story, because I don't, but I do know what it looks like to our kids from their point of view. They felt like they were not heard or believed in some of their confessions in their past and now we are trying to pick up the pieces and get them the help they should have gotten a long time ago, putting out fires so to speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment