It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Sunday, April 12, 2015

I'm so thankful for my kids and the examples they are setting. As we all know Nadia was baptized a member of the church of jesus christ of latter day Saints. Today she got up and shared her testimony in sacrament. It was the most emotional and heart felt testimony I have ever heard. She really meant every word. I was a ball of a mess anyway but then when she said she was so thankful for a daddy who could baptize her Joe lost it. She also said that she is thankful for her family and parents who take care of her and love her. She also said that she knows the Holy Ghost is true and that she could feel it.
What I loved about her testimony was that ...she didn't just get up and say the words, she really felt them. I think sometimes we tend to just get into a routine and say the same things over and over. We need to really think about our testimony and really feel it deep down inside of us.
We may not be the perfect parents, but I do know one thing we are teaching our kids to love the gospel and to build their own testimonies. I remember having a conversation with one my friend so many years ago that I felt like some of my friends took their testimonies for granted and maybe even leaned on their patents testimony a bit much and because of this I have made it a point to tell my kids to find out for themselves not to go off of the typical testimony giving and I feel like we are accomplishing that.

I also have to note that today in Church is the first time I have ever felt the spirit so strong since we had the kids sealed to us, so about a year for Quynsie and 2 years for the other 3 kids. I just could not shake it. I have felt it so strong all day long. It is hard to describe, but I was emotional, I have felt strong peace, my chest has been really tight, which usually means anxiety, but today it felt so different, it wasn't the painful tightening, it was the calm feeling the spirit tightening. I think part of it was that Michael was with us and the kids gravitated to him. They were also so very reverent that I was able to fully listen to the words spoken especially the blessing of the sacrament and Nadia's sweet testimony. Oh her sweet testimony. I had to blog it because I never want to forget it, nor her to ever forget it and the feelings she was feeling at that specific moment.
 
A user's photo.
Waiving goodbye as dad left to take Uncle Michael to his recruiter for his next military experience. I think Carson took it the hardest. He almost could not stand to let him go. He cried and cried and cried. The girls and I cried as well, but not like Carson. We are so thankful for the role this sweet family has played in our lives. We miss Camilla and the kids so bad it hurts. We know that they are doing what is best for their family and that God is watching over them. I am so thankful for Michaels Testimony today in Church and for the love that he and Camilla has for us and our children.
If you guys are reading this, I want you to know that I have a testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that the prophet is on this earth to lead and guide us through the special keys he has been given by our Heavenly Father. I know that Jesus sacrificed for us and our sins so that we could learn from our mistakes and use the atonement to repent and return to Him. I have a testimony that The Book of Mormon is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet of God. I am thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful Gospel and know that we can return to him someday. I am eternally great-full for the knowledge that Families can be together forever.
 
A user's photo.
After Carson gave his talk at Nadia's baptism, the Primary President asked me if I ever thought that he would be able to do that. My response was, YES!!! I have always believed in that little boy and know that he is going to succeed in life. He is smart and funny and he can do anything that he puts his mind to. He was so proud of himself after that talk. He had the confidence that I have never seen in him.
 
 
A user's photo. A user's photo.
The kids working hard at Uncle Bronson and Uncle Sonny's house. The kids said they were bored tonight at family dinner and so we told them to start digging a hole by the tree that needs to be ripped out in their backyard and they happily agreed. Carson even broke one of the shovels...LOL...no not really, the handle just came off, but it was easily fixed. Raven and Quynsie helped a little bit, but they mostly just played as you can see by the picture.
 
Things heard
Nadia to Uncle.... Are you still attacking?
Uncle to Nadia. ... No
Nadia to uncle. .. Good cause I don't want to die
 
These kids love all of their aunts and uncles and grandparents. We are so lucky to have so many people in our lives that love our kids and have been so welcoming. The decision to foster/adopt was not an easy one, but we are so thankful we did. We got really lucky with our kids. We could have gotten kids who are truant, doing drugs, running away from home or even stealing. Yes, we have our issues for sure, but it could have been a whole lot worse.
 
A user's photo.
Our niece Lizz is in the Army Reserves and we are so thankful for the service she is giving to our country. We are so proud of her and the choices that she is making to serve our country and to make sure we stay free.
We are also thankful for our really great friend Michael for the service is providing to our country as well. Please be safe Michael in your new adventures and return home safe.
 
OUR FAMILIES PERSONALITIES ACCORDING TO OUR NAMES
 
Both of these are so true for me. Just ask our realtor. I have been on him like hotcakes trying to get this house thing finished so we can all just move on.
 
 
Joe has two of them because he goes by both names.
 
 
 
 
A user's photo.
This is probably how my husband and children feel about me after the last week of crazy events that have happened with our house stuff. I told Joe the other day that if this offer falls through, I may have to move out because I know that they are not going to be able to stand to live with me. I am not sure how much more stress I can handle. And no Heavenly Father, that is not meaning you can give me more.
 
A user's photo.
I hope men don't just ignore our feelings and thoughts thinking they are going to go away because it doesn't work that way. It just doesn't, sorry men!!!
I am great-full for a husband who does not treat me like a "check engine light". He tries to figure me out, it does not always work, but at least he tries.
A user's photo.
This one just made me laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment