It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Thursday, October 8, 2015

 
I have been working on these little fur bibs for the schools drama department.
At the kids school we have to have so many volunteer hours or we have to pay $300 for the kids to go to school there. This is one of the projects that I signed up for.
 
I was in the middle of working on these when Carson's teacher called and asked me to come and help with Carson because he had made a series of bad choices that landed him on red. This has been happening way more than I would like so I talked with the principal to come up with a plan that would eliminate me having to go into the school every time Carson is acting up. I don't want him thinking that every time he gets in trouble mom will come and rescue me. I am a bit worried that he is now going to get written up every time he is in that much trouble and eventually, he will have in school suspension.
The hard part about this decision was that we are trying to get him an IEP where we can have an aid with him to help keep him on track, but we can't do that without him having a paper trail on his school record. He has a clean record because I have been going in and rescuing the teacher/Carson.
The other factor is that it is not hurting his academics. He is way too smart.
I am seriously this scares him enough that he will straighten up and we don't need an IEP, but here we are expecting the worst, but hoping for the best.
I think after he gets sent to the principal's office a few times, he might think twice the next time.
I also need the time away from him to regroup and gear up for the afternoon craziness. Him being in school right now, is what is saving me from having to hire a babysitter just for him after school so that I can deal with the girls and help with homework.
Because I have been going into the school way more than I would like to, my patience has been really thin the last couple of weeks. I don't feel like I can trust him to take my eyes off of him for a second when he is home right now.
We have gone back to allowing him to lay with us at night until he falls asleep (because it worked the first time). It has helped a little bit, but he is now using it as a manipulation tool to get what he wants/or doesn't want to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment