It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My version of the Egyptian costume. Lame I am sure, but hey I at least tried. I have made the decision to make my kids costumes out of clothes that they can wear after Halloween this year. I hate Halloween, but this has made it much more fun and enjoyable.
 
Please keep one of Raven's friends in your prayers tonight. She was hit by a car last night. She has some broken bones, but at least she is alive.
I heard about the accident last night, but I did not know that it was one of Raven's friends from school, until this afternoon or else I would have prepared her before school.
She was pretty shaken up by the whole thing.
I was thankful that she had therapy today after school.
 
Dang, I am not sure what to think about therapy with the kids today. I came away feeling confused. Part of me feels validated in my reasonings/decision making, but yet, I feel like the worst parent ever for wanting to protect my kids from their past.
 
Basically, the therapist said she would have made the same decision we made and then tried explaining to Quynsie why we made the decision we have made. Basically, it comes down to we ran into one of her birth dads past friends and she wants contact with said friend. Right now, our decision is no because we don't know this person, but that does not mean that we can't work into something. I want to make sure this person is going to be a positive influence in our kids lives before jumping in with both feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment