It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Friday, October 16, 2015

Today consisted of shopping for Quynsie's Halloween costume and the remaining things I needed for the other kids costumes. Then we came home cleaned, sewed and had Quynsie's best friend Alina over. I love Alina. She is so good to all of the kids. She includes them in everything.
 
All except the red shirt is Quynsie's costume. All of it was found at the DI including the boots. She wanted the red leather jacket, but we couldn't find one and when I pulled this jacket off the rack, she was in love with it. I even picked out the dress. For her always telling me that I suck at picking her clothes, I sure didn't do a bad job today. She is even excited to wear them other places. The dress she can wear for band concerts, the boots are for anytime, and the jacket she can wear to school because it still fits school dress code.
 
Quynsie and Alina were talking about cute boys and Carson looks at Alina and says you think I'm cute don't you? Alina in her perfect Russian accent say's yes, you are adorable.
 
Doing what kids do with friends. We have never been able to allow our kids to play in the road until we moved here. Sorry it is blurry but they were on the run.
 
Sometimes, I wonder if we made the right decision by moving and so when I see the kids have a great time outside either outback or playing in the street, I am reminded as to why we moved in the first place. We wanted to give them a real childhood of being able to play outside in a safer neighborhood.
Our kids have played with friends more since we have moved than they did the entire time we lived at the other house because I feel safe allowing them to walk down the street to a friends house and back. We are in a unique situation where our kids don't really go to school with anyone in our neighborhood/ward because we take our kids to a charter school, so they have school friends that come from all over Utah county and they have neighborhood/ward friends.
Even if our kids went to public school we live right between two junior highs and we could go to either school so half our neighborhood goes to one and the other half goes to the other. Same with the high school. So really, it doesn't matter if they went to school with the neighborhood kids.
I am thankful that my kids have good friends that are good influences on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment