It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

(Mikel is Raven's birth dad's wife and mother of Raven's two sisters)
Mikel,
I just wanted to say thank you from one mother to another for allowing Travis, Lilly and Saria to be apart of Raven's life. Even though only through email and text messaging for now, it still means a lot, not only to Joe and I as her parents, but to Raven.
We have seen a big change in her behavior in the past couple of weeks since we have allowed her to communicate with Travis. I think all she has ever wanted was to know where she came from. She is 10 and at that age of trying to find herself and her identity. I knew the time would come soon, which is why I reached out back in December. I just was not expecting it to be this soon, but I am glad that it has happened and that we were prepared for it.
We have always told her that when she was ready, we would do what we could to reach out. We have always stayed in contact with Ruby and David, but wasn't sure how Travis or you would feel about us reaching out until I talked to Ruby about it.
Raven has expressed some concern about how you feel about her and we have told her what Travis has told us, that you have loved her from day 1 and that you have always known about her.
Getting to know her sister's has also been a big highlight for her. She has loved emailing back and forth with Lilly. She gets the biggest smile on her face when I tell her that she got an email.
Again, we just wanted to say thank you for allowing this contact to happen.
 
Joe and Brea
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Today at lunch time, Raven asked if she could have a can of ravioli and I said yes. She then asked if she could heat it up in the can. I said NO!!! you need to put it in a bowl and heat it up in the microwave. Then she brings me the can opener and says that she doesn't know how to use it, which I find odd since she has opened cans before, but anyway, I called Carson in and asked him to show her how to use it. As he was leaving the kitchen he said: "I can't believe Raven doesn't know how to use a can opener."
The way he said it was like he was completely shocked/appalled that she couldn't use it.
Raven even thought it was funny. Thank goodness my kids know how to deal with Carson and his random comments.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
What the? Joe text me this picture a few minutes ago. He is in the kitchen with the kids while I am in our room blogging. Weirdo's.
 
 
Yeah!!! Tristan has the kata down finally!!! Nadia is really lucky that she gets 2 nights of karate. Well at least until next week when Tristan can go back to coming on Wednesday nights.
 
97.3 The Eagle's photo.
I laughed and laughed and laughed when I saw this posted on facebook.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Nadia made this for Raven today.


No comments:

Post a Comment