It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
These are the tender moments. Big sister helping little brother get a splinter out of his foot.
After Joe got home from work, we took these two with us to empty the trailer that we had filled up on Sunday while doing yard work. We were hoping that the kids would be more helpful when we got back and would help reload the trailer so we could go empty it as well before they closed, but that just didn't happen. We did get it loaded, without much help from the kids, but we didn't make it back to empty it. Hopefully tomorrow we can get that done because there is still a big mess out back that needs to be cleaned up.
 
(Sorry the picture is blurry, but right when I took the picture Joe pushed on the gas at an intersection.)
 
This morning Carson was yelling and I asked him to stop and he said well I can't seem to be able to switch my bad switch to my good switch. It's just to hard for me. I told him he better oil that switch real fast.
I am telling you this, this kid pushes my buttons so bad and then makes me laugh two seconds later and then he is back to pushing my buttons.
I wish I was better at not showing him that he is pushing my buttons, but I am not sure how to go about that.
 
I should have turned on the light when I video taped, but it was a split second decision to tape her. She is catching on so fast. This is her playing tucca tucca stop stop on notes E, A, D, G and B. Those are the notes that she has learned in her 2 days of orchestra camp. She is also learning the first 4 strings/notes to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
I am actually surprised at how fast she is picking it up. She is not our musically inclined child and nothing interests her unless it is the TV. I also love the orchestra teacher. She is fun, and very patient with the students. She takes the time to show them how to hold the bow and how to hold the instrument the proper way. I am even learning how to play.
I have wanted to play the violin or flute since I could remember, but never had the money nor the know how. Since Quynsie won't let me play her flute, and Raven will let me play the violin, I think I will go get me one myself and learn with her. It will finally give her and I something in common and something that she can relate to with me. We have struggled in that area for some reason. We have a great bond, just not much in common.
 
Joe is working work Nadia on the 10 karate commandments tonight and she couldn't remember something, but Joe kept telling her that she knew it and Nadia says, "No, I just lost my swag."
Well ok then child. Whatever you say. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment