It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Monday, June 29, 2015

Ugh why in the world would a doctor's office schedule appointments 1 to 3 months in advance and even squeeze us in then call the day of the appointment and say sorry but the dr is in training all day today and tomorrow so you can see someone else. Well can you get 3 of us in at the same time? So Yep tomorrow we will go see the nurse practitioner for Carsons med check my med check and Ravens back and anxiety. Oh I forgot to mention Carsons appointment has been scheduled for over 6 months. We make his six month med check after each appointment. Ugh so frustrating.
Don't get me wrong, I love our Doctor. In fact so does everyone else in the state of Utah it seems. He is so hard to get into unless you have an emergency. Very well respected and he has been with us through some really tough times and decisions in life. He has been the only doctor that our kids have seen on a regular basis. Yes, there are those times on the weekend when something goes wrong and we end up in the Insta Care, but for the most part, he is the only one who has seen them.
Carson just isn't doing well on his current medication right now, in fact it has been a very long month waiting for this appointment. Things started going down hill about 3 months ago and so we started therapy thinking that that would help, but it hasn't. Then there is Raven, we may have figured out what is causing her so much pain in her lower back. We were notified by her bio dad that he has dextroscoliosis, so we decided that we better get her checked out ASAP.
So I was just frustrated, that's all!
 
 
I love being in a real neighborhood. For the first time today we had a neighbor girl come over and ask if Raven could play. This has never happened before. We have had friends over and her go to friends houses but it is always planned in advance so I could take her. Not only was Raven able to play with a friend, but it was a domino affect, Nadia got to play with her friend and then Raven's friend went and got her brother to play with Carson.
When we first got the kids, we never thought in a million years we would be able to give this life to our kids. We thought we would be stuck in that other house for the rest of our lives. In fact, we still were not sure what we were going to do until mid February when we met with my cousin to discuss our options. Thankfully, we had worked really hard on our credit and were in a great place, in fact the best we have ever been. He hooked us up with the realtor that he works with and three weeks later, our house was on the market. To be honest, the house sold really fast. We were able to break even and not have to pay at the end. We bought the house at the wrong time. It was August of 2008 when the market was just about to fall out. BIG MISTAKE!!! Anyway, it made our house value not where we would have liked it to be. We actually sold it for around the same price we bought it for. Yes, we owed about $20,000 less, but then that extra money ended up going to pay for realtor fees and closing costs. Either way, we got really lucky that we were able to move forward. We have dreamed of this for 3 years. Being able to give our kids a real neighborhood and a yard to play in.
AND we LOVE living this new life.
 
I love this. Books are the best drug.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo. Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
I'm not a huge fan of dogs cats or any other animal for that matter but there have only been 3 dogs that I have fallen for in my life. Our dog cinnamon that was our dog when I was younger my grandpa's dog spanky and this dog Saturn who is my brothers dog. (And believe me this dog only goes to me at our house. She is my baby. ) She is not fond of the kids much. She sleeps next to me (we are dog sitting)and There has only been one cat that I have ever loved and it was my grandma's cat named prissy.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo. Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
We are getting closer to our shed being built. I am excited to be able to get the bikes, lawn mower and wheelbarrow out of the weather. Our bikes and lawn mower have never been out in the weather. We have always had a shed for them. Its not going to be perfect, but as we have the money, we will put sides on it, but for now, it is better than nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment