It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Friday, June 5, 2015

This morning I told Carson to make good choices today so we could have a good day. His response was: "I can't until uncle Sonny gives me a massage.
 
I can report that Carson did an amazing job today making good choices.
 
Today I had to deal with a broken dishwasher. We are not sure what happened to it because it was working fine up until yesterday. I called kitchen Aid to come fix it. They are charging us $288 for the service, labor, parts and a 1 year warranty on the dishwasher. It was either that or pay $115 just for them to come out and then pay for labor and parts and shipping. Yeah no, I think I will pay one flat rate and call it good.
This house has become a money pit. The only thing that really pisses me off is the A/C. The seller promised to fix it, said that he did and come to find out he didn't. I came to check it, but what do I know? I know nothing about A/C so I took the sellers words that it was fixed, but after moving in, we noticed that it still was not working. That cost us $300+ to fix. Then the pests. Why did they not disclose that to us? Either way that cost us $105 and it still has not solved the problem so they are coming back out to respray on Monday for free since it has only been a week since they sprayed last. I am afraid this might be something that we are going to have to pay for every couple of months for awhile until the problem is completely taken care of. This house sat empty for over a year so it doesn't surprise me that there are bugs, but dang they are annoying. We probably also caused them to be a bit worse by pulling pushes and trees out, but we are hoping that it will help by taking those things out.
To finish the night off, our fridge randomly decided not to stay shut. Joe has done something to fix that, but dang, things come in threes what's next?
 
 
 
 

I was invited to be on a foster care panel at an adoption support group. I have to admit, I enjoyed being on the panel. It has been a while since I have been a part of anything to do with foster care
The kids went with us and they were even included in some of the questions and were able to answer them. They were so good. I was impressed with how they handled themselves.
 
I don't mind talking about us being foster parents. We did it for the right reason. We did it to help children in need. We just got lucky and was able to adopt them.
One thing that drives me crazy when people find out that we were foster parents, their first comment out of their mouth is "you are amazing". No!!!! People NO!!! We are not amazing. We are just like everyone else who longs to have a family. We do what we have to do in order to reach that goal. For us, we tried a few other avenues that did not work out, so we decided to do foster care.
Foster Care is hard, but I would not trade it for anything. The main goal from the beginning has always been to adopt eventually, but we did not think it was going to be the first placement either. It just worked out that way. We knew what we were getting ourselves into. We knew the main focus would be to reunify the kids with their parents. We supported that from the beginning. We cheered their birth mom on. We wanted her to make better choices so she could get her kids back, but ultimately, that is not what happened. We feel for her. We know that she is probably feeling heart break over losing her kids. We always keep her in our hearts and pray that she can find peace and be able to find strength to stay clean and on the right path in life. After all she is our kids birth mom and for that we will always have her in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment