It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I didn't post last night because I had a huge migraine, but I did want to thank the kids grandma Ruby and papa David for the snacks that they bought the kids.
The kids were upset at first that they did not get to see them because they were in school, but I didn't even know that they were in Utah until an hour before meeting up with them. Next time I would love to be able to plan it in advance to where the kids can see them.
I love that even though they no longer have any legal right to Raven, they still act as grandparents, not only to Raven, but all of the kids.
I appreciate that they do not single Raven out and favor her. I love that they love all of our kids. It is awesome.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Carpet went in Raven's room last night. It looks amazing. Our basement looks so different. It is hard to imagine that there once was a fireplace in the spot that Raven's closet now sits.
I really am happy with the way things have turned out.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
This was the kids lunch today. Fruit salad.
This year, I have really tried to come up with different ideas of things to feed them besides sandwiches and lunchables. I want them to have a variety of things to choose from. I am not a short order cook, so what I make for one, they all get. If they choose not to eat it, well then that is their own fault.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Raven's bed is in her own room.
Nadia stayed home from school today because she was not feeling well. You know that she is sick when she asks to stay home. She loves school.
Anyway because she was home, I took advantage of that and had her help me take the bed apart and put it back together. She even went with me to pick out the new bedding.
 
The best part was that Raven had no clue that we were at home doing this while she was at school. When she walked downstairs and into her room, this is the reaction that I got. I almost started to cry because I was actually shocked at her response. I was not expecting hands over the mouth type of response. I thought she would be excited, but not shocked surprised. It was the best genuine response and feeling I have ever seen come out of her. It made all of the hard times so worth it. I love seeing my kids happy, and not fake happy, but real happy. This was one of those moments.
My goal was to give her a big girl room. Not this little girl room that she would grow out of in six months. I can't wait for her wall stickers to come in the mail so that I can get them up and in there.
I knew the moment that I saw this picture where it was going in her room.
It says...
"As soon as I saw you...
I knew an adventure was going to happen...
If there ever comes a day when we can't be together...
keep me in your heart...
I'll stay there forever.
You are braver than you believe,
Stronger than you seem...Smarter than
you think...and...more L-O-V-E-D
than you'll ever know...."
 
I love this because she is still having a tough time trusting us as her parents. I want her to know that we will always be there for her no matter what the future holds. She is our life and means everything to us.
 
This one is going to go on her dresser.
We don't want her to forget where she came from, but we also want her to have a vision of where she is headed in life. We want her to set goals and do her best to rest those. She has so much potential in her, if only she would put her mind to it.
 
This sign says...
"Why fit in when you were born to stand out."
 
Again, we just want her to be true to herself.
 
 
 
Quynsie's first volleyball game of the season. She did awesome.
 
I don't think Carson understands that his logical thinking is not right. He punched Raven them said I wouldn't hit you if you would stop telling on me for hitting you.
 
In just 2 short months our baby is going to be 7! 7! People!!! I can't believe it. Where did the time go? I can't believe he is going to be 7. It makes me want to cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment