It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I woke up yesterday morning feeling a little bit better but by bedtime, I was feeling horrible. I didn't sleep well last night and today I have been a mess.
Stupid head colds!
 
Ghostpoet's photo.
I think this is going to be joining our other quote up on our door where the kids can see it often.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Took Nadia to her orthodontist appointment this morning and guess what?
She got her thumb sucking appliance taken out. It has taken a little over a year for her to kick the habit, but she has done it. Great Job Little Miss Sassy Pants!
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
I cannot believe that it has been 2 years already since my cousin's husband was taken from us. She has done an amazing job raising their little boy and he seems to be doing really well considering.
 
Ugh there is not much that is more disgusting than your almost 7 year old peeing on you! Other than being at therapy and having to sit there with a wet lap 30 minutes away from home and waiting for another 20 minutes for Quynsie to finish therapy. He was sitting on my lap while we are waiting for Quynsie at therapy and he peed on me. SICK!
 
I seriously do not know why in the last 9 months he has been doing this because he was potty trained. He even wears a pull up so that I don't have to rush to the school every time he messes his pants. He has extras in his backpack that he can change into and I don't have to worry about it. But him peeing on me, was my breaking point. I don't know what else to do. The doctors and therapists tell me not to get mad at him or give him attention for it because that is what he is seeking after, but that doesn't seem to be working either.
 
Shut Up I'm Still Talking's photo.
Today Raven made a very hard and grown up decision at therapy. She has decided that she no longer wants to talk about her birth mom or her birth mom's family. She is done talking about being adopted and has asked that we don't discuss it anymore. We told her that we will respect that request, but if she wants to talk about it then she is free to ask.
She is ready to move on and just be her in our family.
 
I am in hopes that this means great things are coming from her. She really tested my patience yesterday. She was doing it to see if she could trust me not to leave. I think that is all she needed to see and hear before making this hard decision.
I told her yesterday that no matter how bad she pushes my buttons, I will always be here for her and will always love her unconditionally. She just needs that extra reassurance. She is a great kid and I know that she will accomplish so many great things in this world.
 
Raven,
 
I am so proud of you Raven and I am so thankful to be your mom. I hope one day you will see how much you are loved and how much you are so wanted. This is just a little bump in the road and I know that we will be able to get past it and move on and really bond as a family now that you are ready to do so. I want to be there for you to comfort you and protect you, but you have to let me in.
I love you to the moon and back.
 
Love Mom
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment