It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Monday, September 21, 2015

Quynsie has done a great job so far putting our books back together. It has been a long month of digging through boxes looking for books for the kids to read. We had them unpacked and then we packed them back up so that we could work on the basement.
 
 
Where in the heck does Carson learn how to call me an idiot and stupid. He is even using them the correct way but we don't talk like that at home and his sisters don't say it either. He was in school all day last year with the same group of kids and he has the same teacher. Last week he called me an idiot today he said I'm stupid. I hate when you hear something new that is negative come out of your child's mouth for the first time and your gut and heart just sinks. I'm used to being told I hate you now but these new words not so much. Raven has even started saying things like I'm not her real mom so I can't tell her what to do. She even said I'm just like the other woman (her birth mom) when I told her I wasn't going to talk to her until she calmed down. She was having a huge melt down because she didn't want to help clean the kitchen yesterday so I put her in timeout and told her that I didn't want to discuss the issue until she could calm down and talk to me like a big girl and that is when she got angry and said that I was acting like her birth mom.
 
Today I was able to finally get mine and Joe's clothes hung and folded. They have been piling up for a few days.
 
Tomorrow I will be working on more laundry and getting Raven's stickers up on the wall before heading to our 3 hours of therapy. Tuesday afternoons seem to drag on forever and starting next week, it will get even longer because I am starting a class on parenting kids with trauma.
 
A neighbor today told me that she never sees us at home very much. I laughed and said, well I have 4 kids and we have violin, piano, volleyball, school, and therapy. I think the only day we don't have anything most of the time is Friday.
She was like wow, you keep those kids busy. I said, yeah I have to in order to keep them out of trouble and wanting to do things they shouldn't be doing. It also helps keep their minds off of all of their negative past. I want them to build new happy memories and experience things they may not have ever experienced before coming to our home.


No comments:

Post a Comment