It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
 
There is about $600 worth of carpet and padding. We didn't go for the cheapest cheapest carpet but we also did not go with the more expensive either. But at least Ravens room and the dojo will have new carpet. No more cut up nasty carpet in the dojo.
We were not originally planning on getting carpet for the dojo yet, we were going to wait and do it when we finished the rest of the basement, but we decided that the carpet that was currently there was just not worth saving, so we bought enough to do that room as well.
I can't wait until this project is finished. We are going to take a break from construction and relax and just enjoy our new home. We are entering into the holiday season and we don't want to be stressed out worrying about construction. Plus our kids are sick and tired of it as well. They lived through us remodeling our kitchen at the old house and our extensive yard work here at our new house (that is not completed yet) and now half of the basement will be remodeled.
 
Basement projects that are left once we are finished with the current ones are:
1. Quynsie's room
2. Bathrrom
3. Utility room
4. Living room/playroom
I think the living room/playroom is the next thing on the to do list and then we will move into the bathroom and Quynsie's room.
 
My evening consisted of hearing Carson's and Quynsie's dreams from last night and then Joe made me laugh so hard that I pulled a muscle. I think it was already starting to pull anyway from coughing so hard.
 
Carson's dream was that I had a lung disease that was killing me and the dr saved me by giving me a blood transfusion.
 
Then Joe was looking at our family pictures on our wall and looked at Quynsie's and realized all of the bricks behind her are cracked and so he asked if she farted while her picture was being taken.
 
Then Quynsie had a huge nightmare in my opinion that I was pregnant with triplets.
 
We took the kids to get ice cream in hopes that it would defuse some of the stress we have all been feeling. It worked for a minute. We came home and I went to sit down on a stack of pillows that the kids had stacked up by the computer and I fell over backwards and landed at Joe's feet. I laughed so hard. In fact I was laughing so hard that I had a hard time saying our family prayer tonight.
 
After prayer, we sent all of the kids to bed, but Raven was not having it. She completely lost it. She kept coming out of her room and would not stay in there, so I gently grabbed her arm, turned her around and walked her to her bed and said, "get in bed". She did not like that one bit. In fact she hated it so bad that she through a full out tantrum for 45 minutes. The poor thing is still hearing voices and she completely freaked out when we shut the door and walked out of her room. Once she was able to calm down and talk to us normally, we were able to find out some of her issue. She did not want to go to bed because these voices in her head keep telling her that they are coming after her. Then she asked us to help her. I am going to be calling the clinic that I have been trying to get her into for a mental eval on Tuesday morning. I have tried calling a couple of times and I have not been able to speak to a real human yet. I am going to be more persistent and get her in A.S.A.P. because we are not able to deal with this on our own. We are going crazy and we don't know how to help her.
 
Joe's mom has schizophrenia and Raven is showing the same signs. Joe's mom has always had it for as long as Joe can remember so he isn't sure how to go about helping Raven because it is second nature to him. He has just learned how to deal with it. Yes, I have dealt with it for the past 15 years with his mom, but it is completely new territory when it comes to your own kid. It is terrifying to be honest. Like you can really see the terrified look in Raven's eyes and in her behavior when these episodes are going on.
I feel so helpless and it makes me sad and frustrated at the same time. I know that we are in for a long road, but I think with the proper treatment, Raven will be fine.
 
We love these kids so much that it hurts when they are hurting. I feel that they deserve the best care that I can possibly give them and I will not settle for anything less.
As it is, I drive three of them to PG once a week for therapy and we spend 3 hours out of our day traveling and therapy. I will go as far as I have to for these kids.
 
OUR KIDS MATTER!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment