It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The day started off a bit early this morning. Our friend Michael called at 5 am. I think he forgot that there is a 3 hour time difference. Joe talked to him at that point. Then he called again at 6:20 thinking that it was 8:20. I ignored the phone that time, but as soon as the kids were all ready for school I let them know that they had a huge surprise. I let them listen to the voice mail and then we tried calling him back. He didn't answer so we left him a message. Thankfully, he called just before we got to the school because the kids were pretty disappointed that they didn't get to talk to him.
So, yes thankfully, they got to talk to Uncle Michael before school. It completely made their day. We have not really talked to him since he stayed at our house for a night before shipping out for the military. That was back in April I think.
It was so good to talk to him. We talk to Camilla often because we just could not stand not being able to talk to her. Ok, lets put it this way, I can't stand not talking to her for long periods of time. She is my best friend. The one that I know I can rely on besides Joe. She has been there for us through everything when it came to adopting Quynsie. They have been amazing. I hate that they had to move so far away, but I know that they are doing what they have to do for their family.
Anyway, I am done talking about it because it makes me want to cry every time I think about it. There are days that I just want to pack a bag and catch the next flight out of here to go see them.
Anyway, thank you Michael for making the kids day. To see their smiles on their faces when they heard your voice was priceless. I think it helped them to know that you were really ok.
 
 
I got Raven's stickers up on the wall, but they are not sticking so I am going to have to find my modge podge to put on them so that they will hopefully stick better.
 
Carson has been doing his own hair for the past 2 days. I am not sure how I feel about that yet, but I will go with it because it means he is feeling confident in himself.
This little stink also lost his glasses at school again today. I had to call his teacher and she found them thankfully. I just bought him another pair the other day to replace the last pair he lost. Good thing I can get them on line for cheap because otherwise, I would be even more irritated.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment