It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

My day started off a little rocky. On our way out the door for school this morning, I asked all of the kids if they had their lunches. All said yes. We are pulling into the school and Quynsie says, "I forgot my lunch"
Me: "What do you mean you forgot your lunch? I specifically asked you all if you had it"
Quynsie: "I don't know"
Me: "Here is $4 get school lunch and bring back my change"
 
1st disaster adverted.
 
Head to Walmart to pick up Quynsie's prescription and get some groceries since we hadn't gone all week last week or this past weekend.
Get to Walmart and realize I don't have the insurance card because I left it with my sister on Saturday while she had 2 of our kids and I never put it back in the car.
Go home, get insurance card and head back to Walmart.
Came home, unloaded the car and got started on painting Joe's dojo.
 
Went and picked kids up from school and took them to therapy. I am hoping that Quynsie and I were able to break down some walls and we will be able to communicate a bit better.
 
Came home got dinner and then got to painting some more. We have finally gotten the first coat of paint on the walls and ceiling. I am hoping we can finish painting tomorrow and get the tack boards down so that we can lay carpet Thursday before karate.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo. Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Love this girl. She was so willing to stay up past her bedtime helping us so we could get this bottom coat on tonight.
She is always so willing to help out.
She really is a great kid.
 
I learned today in therapy that Quynsie feels threatened by my authority especially when it comes to her siblings. She feels that it is her job to guide and protect them because that is what she has had to do in the past.
I explained to her that we just want her to be a kid and take advantage of that because it is not going to be that long before she is an adult and she is going to wish that she had more of a childhood. They now have parents that are there for them every day.
 
She also said another one of her fears is that we are going to leave and not be there for them.
 
She is having some serious anxiety when it comes to one of her teachers and I am going to be going in and talking to this specific teacher in the morning.
 
I think some of my frustration is that when we got our kids they were a bit older and I did not get a chance to learn how to be a parent before we hit the teenage years or the pre-teen years. I didn't get a chance to baby my kids, nurture them, love them and teach them from day one. Because of that, our family is structured a bit different. We are all learning together on how to co-exist, bond and be a family.
 
My emotions have been so close to the surface for the past couple of weeks and it does not take much for them to spill over.
 
A Fathers Love's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment