It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Today has been a much better day as far as my emotions. That is until this evening...
I got word that our kids bio mom is trying to get ahold of us or wants to get ahold of us.
I just am not going to go there right now.
 
Why now?
I just cut all contact with her family completely...
The kids are now expressing that they want nothing to do with her right now...
The kids want to deal with the past and move on...
They are tired of holding onto hurt feelings...
We are making so much progress in therapy....
Why would I ruin that?
 
I love where we are in life right now.
No it is not easy by any means. We are dealing with some pretty
tough issues right now, but that to me means that we are making progress.
The kids are feeling safe and secure enough in Joe and I as their parents.
They are finally coming to us for love, acceptance, security, and advice.
 
Roxanne, if you are reading this right now, please don't take offense. We are just in a good place right now that we have to just take it one day at a time and follow the kids lead.
I can't expect them to trust us, if we go against their wishes. They have asked us not to even talk about being adopted right now. They just want to feel like normal kids living in a normal home with a normal family. They don't want to be reminded every day that they are adopted.
I hope you can find it in your heart to understand and respect the kids wishes right now.
We still have a place in our hearts tucked away just for you. After all you are their birth mom and we are so very thankful for the opportunity to be their parents here and now.
 
Quynsie's volleyball games got canceled today because of double scheduling conflicts or something, but it allowed her to make it to young women tonight.
We also were able to go visit my Aunt and my little cousins that are our kids ages. Yes, you heard that right...I have 1st cousins that are our kids ages. My aunt and uncle have 2 adult children, but 6 years ago they adopted as well.
 
Tonight Joe is putting the second coat of paint on the walls downstairs and getting the tack board down for the carpet. Hopefully tomorrow the carpet can be installed and they all we have to do is get the last few final little details done, but that is not a pressing concern. We just need the carpet installed so Joe can teach karate down there tomorrow.
 
Sorry, no pictures today.

No comments:

Post a Comment