It's a Crazy Life...But it's Our Life...

Friday, September 4, 2015

You cannot force a child's healing process, only support it.
~Heather Forbes
 
This is so true. If I could force my kids to heal, it would have already happened. We are 3 years into this process and we are still having some serious struggles and I am sure we will for years to come.
 
It doesn't matter whether you adopt a new born or an older child, there is still trauma and that takes time to heal from.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
After being so sick this past week, not much has gotten done around here. Our house looks like a tornado blew through.
 I finally managed to fold a batch of towels sort laundry and start 2 loads of laundry I also managed to rinse off what dishes Nadia left in the sink from her dish day yesterday and took Quynsie to physical therapy. Oh and I went to Walmart on the way to take kids to school to get the kids a lunchable for lunch. My body is now complaining saying I have done way to much.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Raven is having a hard time focusing on her wrist position so today I came up with this little contraption. Hey, if it helps her get used to the wrist position, then by all means use all of your resources right?!
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Nadia practicing piano/keyboard. We are going to have to invest in a real piano soon because the keyboard is a few keys short, but for now, her keyboard will do.
 
Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
Don't let that smiling face fool you. It was a nightmare trip to Home Depot. Carson was NAUGHTY! Raven and Nadia were not to far behind him in the naughty department.
Once we got out to the truck, things got heated. Carson was pulling Raven's hair, poking her, pinching her and so on, so I told Carson that one day his sister was going to get even with him and next thing you know, Raven punched him in the shoulder and that back fired. Carson punched her in the jaw. I am not sure what to do with this kid and his random picking on people. I can be standing in the kitchen and he will walk past me and randomly punch me in the belly or where ever.
I am not going to put up with bullying in our home. It has got to stop.
By the time we got home we were all in tears. For me, it was frustration and not knowing what to do about it.
 
 Breanna Sly Davis's photo.
I love this boy more than words can express, but sometimes, this is my piece of HEAVEN! There are days that I can't wait for him to go to bed because I can finally take a breath and reset my mind and gear up for the next days shenanigans.


No comments:

Post a Comment